Thursday, February 24, 2005

Project Runway: a Guilty Pleasure

I thoroughly enjoyed the season finale of Bravo's Project Runway last night. If you haven't seen it, basically it's a reality TV show that starts with 12 amatuer fashion designers and 12 budding fashion models. Every week, the designers are given a challenge, like design a bathing suit that could be worn to an evening fashion party. The final products are judged after a mini-fashion show, and a designer is eliminated from the competition. Models are also eliminated every week, as the dwindling designers pick the model they'd like to work with. The goal was to be one of the final three designers who would show during Olympus fashion week in New York in a real runway show. Then the final winner would be chosen and be given all that they needed to start their own label. Now after that long-winded summary... I don't like reality TV shows as a rule, but this one was a lot of fun. First, all of these people were very talented, and had to design and put together fabulous clothes in a very limited time frame. Of course there was drama, cattiness, etc. which is always fun in a voyeuristic kind of way. Every reality show has that. But I really enjoyed watching the creative process, seeing the results, and hearing the criticism that people like the designer Michael Kors, Elle fashion editor Nina Garcia, model Heidi Klum, and others had to say. I'm definitely in for the next season. Now on to knitting and beading news. I finished the first prototype of the Bridesmaid's bracelet. I'm going to make another prototype maybe tonight to have a choice. I'm in the process of taking pictures and getting the DH to load the correct software on my laptop so I can begin uploading and showing pics. In knitting stuff, I'm still working on the back of the roll-neck pullover. I've finally decided what spring project I'm going to work on, however. I'm going to start on Bad Penny from the 2004 Spring Knitty. I don't have the same yarn as I couldn't find it, and even if I did, the yarn would be too pricey for me, so I'm going to use a yarn with a similar gauge. I don't think I'll be posting before the end of the weekend, so have a good weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->