Tuesday, June 28, 2005

"Adventures do occur, but not punctually"

I've been meaning to post pics of my recent swap and the gift from my secret pal so.. just a quick post to show off some lovely yarn I got in a swap with Wyldeyez from the Knittyboard and the lovely little gift I got from my Secret Pal. The yarn is a cotton DK weight yarn. She sent me seven skeins of it! I love the color, red and orange. I sent her some Paton's Bohemian I just wasn't' going to use, some fun fur, and a skein of Berrocco Monet. She also swapped me a couple of nordic knit pattern books and the book The Sweater Workshop. I really looking forward to delving into the book. I'd like to design my own sweaters someday. My secret pal struck again with box of See's candy, YUM!! She also sent me Cat Bordhi's sock book about how to knit socks using two circs instead of DPNs. This will help me immensely, and DPNs aren't my favorite things to use. I love the gift SP!!!! I'm also working on a secret experiment involving Kool-Aid, Fisherman's wool, ribbon, and a button. I'll post more when I got more details. A hint... I'm still working on combining my love of jewelry with my love of knitting. ;) Speaking about jewelry, I'm going to start selling some of my creations on ebay. I'll post about some of my stuff on this blog. Let me know if you or anyone you know may be interested in anything I make. I'm open to selling custom pieces, or other creations before putting them on ebay!

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Hmmmm....my guess is a beaded, felted accessory.

6/28/2005 12:53:00 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Awesome!

6/28/2005 02:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's how I got started knitting socks - with that book! I have to say though now I prefer to knit the heels straight on instead of with the sock in profile. A very good explanation of this is in the Knitty pattern - Broadripple socks.

The real advantage is less shifting of stitches during different stages, plus you won't need markers to keep track of where to decrease. When doing them "straight on" you are decreasing at the ends of the stitches.

Cat's book has great patterns and is very helpful for someone trying to get started knitting socks on 2 circs.

6/28/2005 03:18:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Hold that thought! I'm not buying anything until I've moved, but I do have a weakness for beads...

6/29/2005 02:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->