Thursday, June 30, 2005
Completed my experiment yesterday and I like the results. It's kind of a wrist/warmer, cuff combo made with Fisherman's Wool that I dyed with Kool-Aid and then felted. I knit eyelets in the cuff and then strung a cotton cord with some beads on it. I didn't create a button-hole as I thought that it would be too hard to gauge where to put it before felting it, so I sewed on a snap and covered the sewing for the snap over with a decorative button. I think it'll look cute peeking out from the cuff of a jean jacket. I also finished my Glampyre One Skein Wonder. I knit it with Brown Sheep Handpaint in the colorway Tropical Water. I really like how it turned out. It is nice and warm as well for the summer evenings when you don't need a long sleeved sweater. I had to go up two needle sizes to get gauge, but I don't think the yarn looks lacy at all. The Handpaint is 70% mohair which probably explains it. The dye really came off all over my bamboo needles, so I need to wipe them down. My fingers were pretty blue and green as well. I hope everyone has a nice weekend planned. I have barbecues and sitting out on my porch with my knitting and a glass of wine planned. Ahhh, summer!