Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Holy Moley, that's a lotta yarn!

Hello, my name is Jennifer and I'm a yarnaholic. I'm not quite sure how I got this way. I think it's the first time my mother suggested that I try out knitting. No, no I told her. I can't get into another hobby. Beading has taken over my life. Just try it, she told me. Two years later and we have the stash as it is today. Needless to say I am on a yarn diet. I'm going cold turkey. No more yarn for me until I've whittled down the stash at least three plastic boxes full. I mean it now! I can stop whenever I want. After the last two shipments of yarn come in, I'm done I tell you! Yarn does not control me, I control the yarn! Did I mention the same person who handed me my first knitting needles, also bought me the sewing machine? My mother, the enabler... I also have pics of my lovely SP gifts that I talked about in my last post. Heehee!!! (Rubs hands together with glee.) I also finished seaming up the Oh Sherri short cardi for my friend. I hope she likes it. I used a 100% cotton yarn called Venezia. It took almost 8 hanks to make it, but it feels really great next to the skin. For a cotton, this yarn was easy on the hands too. I modified the pattern by adding a seed stitch border to the cuffs, hem and collar. Oh, and about the stash shot, Jess suggested that we share our favorite yarn in our stash. Mine is tie between Koigu and Cascade 220. I love them both, and have a lot of both. I'm also supposed to tag a few people and throw down the challenge of showing off the stash and sharing their fave yarns... I think I'll tag Renada, Elspeth, and Jenifer. Come on ladies! I'll leave you with a funny missed lyric as coined by my 3 year old. Today as we were listening to a CD on the way home from school, he asks for a song. Now this is what I heard, "I want Candy in my Eels song, mama." Upon further conversation, I realize that what he want to hear is Jamiroquai's Canned Heat. There's a line that goes, "I've got canned heat in my heels, tonight, baby." Thus the Candy in his eels. Kids are too cute.

14 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

That IS a lot of yarn. I'm highly impressed but I'm glad that my stash is nothing like that. I don't think I could bear the pressure of having so much unknitted yarn.

10/04/2005 04:04:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Whoa...girlfriend. That is some SERIOUS yarn.

**bows down in supplication to your superior stash**

10/04/2005 04:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY WOW!

You weren't kidding when you said I'd be shocked. Hey Sweetie, throw some shelving up, hang a shingle , and you've got yourself the beginings of your very own yarn shop!

I can't really write anything else. I have to go back and have another look.
;-)

10/04/2005 05:43:00 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

holey moley, you have a problem! I bow down to you and at the same time beg you to stop!!

10/04/2005 05:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we might have to stage an intervention...

Very impressive :o)

10/04/2005 06:03:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Very nice photo of your stash! Of course now I have to take mine out of the closet I "stashed" it in!

My son has had some great song comments but so far my favorite mispronounciation is wanting to go to Starbuck's to have a "crappucino".

10/04/2005 06:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't think about it as over-stashing, but as loyally supporting your local yarn retailer in an effort to make sure they stay in business permanently.

10/04/2005 07:21:00 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Wow, that is quite a bit of yarn you got there. Good thing you didn't take any out of the plastic tubs == it would take a long time to put it all neatly back!

10/04/2005 07:25:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

tagged! I'm it!

But.... is your photo not showing on my picture?? Just how much yarn do you have anyways???

10/04/2005 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Ah ha! Found the photos.

10/04/2005 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

That is A LOT OF YARN. I'm impressed! And here I was thinking that with three drawers and two baskets full of yarn I had far too much...

Of course this means that I feel a lot better about going to the Knitting and Stitching show this month and spending more money on yarn. ;-)

10/05/2005 12:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowie, I'm impressed. My stash is smaller but I'm giving myself a 'yarn restraint' as I realise I use up yarn at a far slower rate than I acquire. The Whisper cardigan didn't get finished in a month which means I couldn't even use 10 balls.

10/05/2005 01:58:00 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Me too -- I want to know a final count!

10/06/2005 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

That's a wonderful amount of yarn. Will you ever find time to knit it up?

10/06/2005 10:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->