Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The weekly Craftylilly Movie Review

In all my excitement over a sewing machine and finishing the Bulky Mini, I forgot to do my weekly movie review. Of course, the "so-so-ness" of the movies probably contributed to the memory loss. If you've been reading my blog for a while you know that although the Mr. and I are avid film-philes, we will also subject ourselves to watching anything. This weekend was a real barn-burner with The Longest Yard with Adam Sandler and The Butterfly Effect with Ashton Kutcher. Let's start with the Longest Yard shall we? The original with Burt Reynolds in the main role is better in my opinion. This movie had a few laughs, and the Mr. enjoyed all the football scenes, but the movie as a whole isn't much to write home about. I thought the Butterfly Effect was about at the same level. The idea is very interesting, but I just don't buy Ashton Kutcher in his role. I think I've seen too many That 70's Shows. I also didn't buy the final scene where his character finally works out the problem he's in. In better entertainment news, HBO's Rome is fantastic! I love it! I eagerly await the next installment every week. The full frontal male nudity took me off guard but the actor who plays Mark Antony is attractive so it wasn't too shocking. Not as shocking as the time in high school when I went to see The Piano with a friend and got to see Harvey Keitel naked. Not a pretty sight... I also won the truth and lies blog game from Nederlass. So here are a few more. I'm realizing here that I'm letting you all in on some strange truths about me... 1) When I was little and playing stick ball with some kids on my court, I got nailed right in the noggin with a baseball bat because I was standing too close to home plate. 2) Upon graduation from college I won two departmental awards. The college president was still talking about it after I had left the stage with my diploma. 3) I went to college with one of the actors on the show The 4400. He wrote poetry and participated in many of the Poetry SLAMs on campus. He used a lot of profanity in his work. 4) My husband and I met when we were neighbors in some on campus housing for senior at our college. We shared a balcony. We actually almost met many times before in previous years as my best friend lived in his building the previous three years, and knew him pretty well. 5) My sister-in-law and I wrote a children's book about a dragon, but never got it published. So which one is the lie?

6 Comments:

Blogger knottygnome said...

#4.

9/27/2005 07:18:00 AM  
Blogger weaselrina said...

#1

9/27/2005 07:22:00 AM  
Blogger Nederlass said...

Ok, then I'll vote for the dragon book!

9/27/2005 07:27:00 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I'll guess... #3!

9/27/2005 07:36:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

It seems like so many movies these days are "so-so".

I saw "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" several weeks ago with my hubby. It was one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. Very baudy, but I guess I like that kind of humor.

Amy

9/27/2005 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I'm too late again! You'll have to let us know which 4400 actor, I'm an avid watcher of that show! I don't think I went to college with anyone famous, but it was a large school so I could be wrong.

9/27/2005 01:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->