Sunday, September 18, 2005

"'Something else funny?' 'People, man... people' "

First up, here's the weekle movie review. If you like Viggo Mortenson, Hidalgo's a pretty good flick. It's a bit long, and could have used some more editing, but you can't beat Viggo. He's easy on the eyes, and the movie was entertaining enough. The horse, Hidalgo, is beautiful too. The real gem of the weekend was the movie Crash with Matt Dillon, Don Cheadle, Larenz Tate, Sandra Bullock, and others. I thought the the theme of racism and prejudice were dealt with very well. The acting was superb, and I really liked how all the stories interlocked. The Mr. thought it was super depressing, but I didn't. I think there was some hope interlaced with the sadness. Very good. Ok, in knitting news, I finished Hopeful last night during the movie watching. I haven't had a chance to block her yet, and don't plan to for a little while as I want to block another piece at the same time, thus the disheveled look of the sleeves. Here are the stats: The pattern is Hopeful by Jenna Adorno. I used just over 3 skeins of Wool-ease worsted weight in Oxford Grey. I knit the sleeves a little longer than the pattern requred, and modified the front tie like Marnie did. She figured out a way to make the ties look more like a bow by knitting a short piece of the collar and attaching it around the two ties instead of using the I-cord. I really like how it turned out and know some friends that would love this sweater. Maybe if they're good, they can expect one for a birthday! ;) I also posted a pic of all the lovely stitch markers I got for September in the Stitch Marker Swap. The ones on the bottom are from Angela. I love the Halloween themed ones. The top ones are from Sheryl Thanks ladies! I also posted a pic of some wire-wrapped stones that I scored in a swap on the knittyboards. I can't wait to start designing with them!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

Nice sweater! I like your wired wrapped stones too. What will you do with them?

9/19/2005 06:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! Show us pictures of Hopeful!

9/21/2005 10:44:00 AM  
Blogger Suzie said...

Your hopeful is sooo pretty! I'm seam phobic, so I really admire you and your finishing!!!

9/21/2005 11:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->