Thursday, September 08, 2005

All that glitters....

Well, I've been cruising Crafter.org lately and have been really impressed and inspired by a lot of the creativity there as well as the fun swaps. I'm currently involved in two swaps: Stitch Marker Swap, and Knitty Secret Pal 5. I got an idea for another one though. I've been thinking of hosting a Sparke, Glitz, and Glamour Swap. It would work a lot like any other secret pal swap, only the gifts would be themed around knitting with beads and sequins and sparkly/glitzy yarn. It would run for 3 months starting in November with a $50 spending limit for the whole time to include time spent making something. Some ideas for gifts would be: Beads appropriate for knitting with beads (11/0, 5/0, 3/0, sequins, etc.) Yarn that could be used with knitting with beads (DMC perle cotton 8, laceweight up to worsted weight yarns) dental floss threaders to aid in threading beads patterns for knitting with beads knitting needles commonly used with beads (size 000, 0, 1, 2, 3) sparkly things that could be spun into yarn (for our spinners), knitting notions such as bead stitch markers, row counter bracelets, scissors fobs (beaded keychain like things that attach to scissors so that when they drop the points aren't damaged), Bead necklace leashes for eyeglasses or those thread cutter pendants, sparkly pencil cases for needle storage, sparkly totes for knitting other handmade creations such as little felted bags using beads, knit hats using sequins etc. books on knitting with beads or knitting with wire Wire for knitting There are probably other ideas out there, but this is what I came up with off the top of my head. Would anyone be interested? I brought up the idea on the Knittyboards and got about 8 people interested. I'm thinking I'd like to have 20-30 people to make it a nice manageable swap. Leave a comment if interested. I'll gauge interest over the next week to see if there in enough interest and then have a sign-up starting next weekend if it looks like enough people would like to do it. Oh, and by the way, the One Armed Bandit is one armed no longer! Pics later. I've got my SIL's wedding down in So. Cal this weekend, so the pics will have to wait until I get back. Have a nice weekend everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I would really like to do it, but right now I'm swamped with projects. I wouldn't be able to spoil my glitter SP as they should be. Maybe next time?

Amy

9/08/2005 04:23:00 PM  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Count me on the glitzy thing. I love that kind of thing! Would do it as a spinner/knitter I think.

9/09/2005 08:21:00 AM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

No swaps for me until I find a job, but congratulations on finishing your one-arm bandit.

9/09/2005 12:14:00 PM  
Blogger becky said...

How about a bead swap?

9/11/2005 07:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->