Friday, September 02, 2005

Cables and Giving

Yep, I couldn't think of a witty title for this short post. I've got two bits of information for you! First up, news of the joint effort by Margene and Susan to raise money for the Red Cross to aid those affected by the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. News of their efforts is all over knitblogville, so I won't go into it other than to say please give if you can, to the Red Cross or another charity. You can find the link to their effort on my sidebar. I donated to the Red Cross and my husband donated to another charity. I am also donating a prize to their efforts. One set of my red heart wire stitch markers and a beaded necklace that I'm working on right now will be one of the prizes made available. I'll post pics on my blog this weekend. Next up, Christie put together a blog for the Fall Cable KAL! You can also find this link on my sidebar. Those of you who commented yesterday will receive an email with info on the KAL. If you don't recieve an email, you can always visit the blog, and send an email to me at tabbytuxedo AT yahoo DOT com, and I'll send you an invite. We won't be officially starting the KAL until September 22. That gives us all plenty of time to prepare and clear our knitting plates so to speak. Oh, and if anyone is button gifted, we'd love to get a good button for our KAL! Here's hoping that you all have a safe and enjoyable long weekend.

7 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I'm all signed up.

Have a great weekend,
Amy

9/02/2005 11:36:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Me again! I feel like I've left about 15 comments on your blog lately ... :) my email is: jeniferorama AT gmail DOT com Thanks for letting me in! I'll definitely do my curry cabled cardigan for this.

9/02/2005 03:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A cable knit along sounds fab for the fall. Will you be putting it on its own page?

9/03/2005 01:53:00 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you for my beautiful stitch markers!

9/03/2005 05:15:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Okay, you convinced me!!! :)
A lot of the projects I want to make this fall have cables, so I'm sure I'll find something(s) fun for this KAL. Please sign me up!
-Kate

9/03/2005 07:44:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/03/2005 07:46:00 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

we've been giving to the red cross around here too...Goingn to be working on Iris this year to....

9/04/2005 04:41:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->