Thursday, September 01, 2005

I'm itching to start the Fall line-up

The weather is still hot, but I so want to start planning the fall knitting. I've got several things I want to start, the Kepler Sweater, Eris, a cabled capelet from the latest Rowan, the Asymmetrical sweater from Loop d Loop, A Banff in some yarn I got from Handpaintedyarns.com, my kidlets Christmas Stockings... I have a slight problem though. I've still got two projects on the needles and a third (final) summer knit that I want to do. What's still on the needles? I've got Hopeful, which is well on its way. I have the back to finish, then the sleeves and collar, but most of the body is done. I just cast on for a sweater I'm making for my friend which needs to be done my mid-October, and the project I want to start/complete is the Glampyre tubular camisole. Ack!!! Plus, all you sewing knitbloggers have been tempting me with your cute dresses, and fab purses. I've been struggling with the urge to go get a sewing machine for about a month now. Stop it, people! (Becky, Silvia, Little Purl!) Maybe you've noticed that three of my Fall knits feature cables. Christie and I have been discussing cables of late and were thinking of starting a Fall Cables KAL, hosted by ourselves. Anyone game? If you want to get on the Fall Cable action leave a comment or email me at tabbytuxedo AT yahoo DOT com. You can always visit Christie's fab blog as well and contact her. We'll see how much interest ther is and maybe get a KAL started!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh, cables.. my nemesis! I don't 'enjoy' cables! I can't seem to get the right tension!!!
I'm knitting a fall sweater right now. Almost done, thank god! I need to start designing and getting stuff together pronto! I'm lagging!

9/01/2005 07:46:00 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I have been tempted to buy a sewing machine too (did you know they sell them at Target now?!) even though I already have two I don't know how to use!

9/01/2005 08:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in on a cable KAL, and I never do KALs....

9/01/2005 08:27:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm just starting a jacket with lots of cables so I would be game for a KAL.

9/01/2005 08:56:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I'm right there with you. Fall knits are like a siren's song to me.

I'm about to start the Reverse Rib Shawl. Would that count as a cable knit?

Amy

9/01/2005 09:20:00 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

me! me! me! I'd join a Cable KAL in a heartbeat! How do I sign up? Wait...wouldn't I be hosting with you? :D

9/01/2005 09:49:00 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

I have to ask: Kepler sweater? As in Johannes Kepler? (to go with the Einstein coat?)

I'm all about cables this fall! I'm making a cabled scarf for my brother's christmas present, and two cabled sweaters for me. I'll be casing on for one of the cabled sweaters in the next week or two. So count me in!

9/01/2005 10:50:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey Jennifer, I'd definitely do a cable along as I can't get enough of it. :) I am planning on making the Curry Cabled Cardigan sometime this fall. And I have the same projects on line- up ... stockings, eris, that irregular rib. Take care!

9/02/2005 07:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I've been dying to start a cabled project. First I've got to finish the Koigu sweater. Then, definitely count me in!

9/02/2005 07:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->