Wednesday, August 24, 2005

"Aim careful, and look the devil in the eye"

I just have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed Sin City. The film looked great, and the kitschy dialogue was enjoyable and memorable. It is a violent movie, but violence doesn't bother me much in movies. Actually, with the sheer amount of movies I've seen, not much bothers me anymore. Well, bad dialogue, choppy editing, and horrible acting do. I've been making a lot of jewelry and stitch markers lately, only some of which has made its way to Etsy. I've got two designs that I submitted to two beading magazines. One design was rejected. I like the design, however, I don't think it fits in with the magazine. I'm more invested in my other design, but I won't hear about that one for a while. I've also been messing around with mixing wirework with different mediums. Lately I've been combining it with leather. Most of my stitch markers have been going on to the swap, but I've been messing around with Shrinky-dinks and hope to be adding them to the ones I sell as well. My blogger secret pal sent me the final package and finally revealed herself. I love everything she sent from the books, to the cute tape measure, to the yummy yarn! She is truly the best. She's got a great blog as well. Check it out here. Thanks also to all the people who sympathized with my grocery store trip. I know many of us have been there. Those moments are far outweighed by the fun times like when boy and I dyed wool roving with Kool-Aid together with matching rubber gloves. Hee!

3 Comments:

Blogger Elspeth said...

How hilarious that Lu's secret pal is someone I got gorgeous stitch markers from! (We knit together in Palo Alto.)

8/24/2005 07:59:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I see you have more spam. A pox on them!

Your secret pal has taken very good care of you. Did you sign up for SP5? The person I got is a mother of 4 yr old twins. What a coinkidink!

I'm lovin' the pick bracelet. Good luck on your other necklace submission.

Have a great day,
Amy

8/25/2005 04:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice SP loot, nice bracelet, necklace, etc. Your stuff is always beautiful :o)

8/25/2005 09:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->