Thursday, August 18, 2005

It's going to be a good movie weekend!

Mr. Craftylilly and I decided to go back to Netflix as our Blockbuster membership went up 5 dollars a month. Highway robbery for only one movie out at a time, I say. We go two good movies to watch this weekend from Netflix, and another interesting and highly recommended one from the cheap bin at Target. First up, Sin City. Ooooo, been looking forward to seeing this for a long time. I've also got another foreign film, Maria, Full of Grace. Mr. Craftylilly doesn't know about that yet. He tends to grouse when they look too drama filled. He's more of an action or comedy guy. Of course he always ends up watching them with me, and if they are good (like Children of Heaven) he enjoys them. I also got Boondock Saints for $8 at Target. Since it's come highly recommended from some fellow knitbloggers, I thought we'd give it a whirl. It'll be penance for putting Maria, Full of Grace in our Netflix queue if it ends up being too boring for the hubby. As you can probably tell, not much to say on the knitting front. For some reason, I haven't cast on a new project yet. I've been feverishly trying to finish up Charlotte. I'm about 2 rows an a picot bind-off away from completion. Of course then there's the weaving in of ends and blocking. I hope to have some pics up this weekend. I've got the yarn ready to go for my friend's gift. As she doesn't knit she won't recognize the project (it's the Tivoli). I think I'm going to wait until Grumperina posts the combined pattern at the end of the month before starting it. I've got the yarn and pattern ready for Hopeful, and the yarn and pattern ready for the Glampyre's Camisole Tube. I hope to start one or both of those soon. I think the real time suck has been the spinning. I've been spinning... a lot. It's just so relaxing! I'm almost finished spinning up the 4 oz of pink/yellow I started with. Now it's slubby and a bit thick/thin, but I think I'm getting the hang of the whole thing. I'm trying to decide if I want to ply it or leave it as a single. Hey all you spinner out there, did you ply your first spinning attempt?

5 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I know your Charlotte's Web is going to be spectacular. Can't wait to see the pics.

Amy

8/18/2005 10:19:00 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

I *think* my one of my freshman year suitemates is in Maria Full of Grace. I was randomly Googling names and her name came up with that movie as a receptionist or something. I haven't rented the movie yet to check.

8/18/2005 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

definately some great movie watching. Sin City was really good and action filled so the mr should enjoy it. Maria full of Grace was really really good. The Bf loves boondocks though I havent seen it yet. Sorry for the lame movei reviews but I still feel like hell : (

I had a q, do you think the skein of handpainted yarn you sent me is enough for the socks from spun (ankle socks)? Ive neverknitted socks before (have you?) so I fig since Im stuck in bed I could knit up a little project

Have fun!

8/18/2005 04:34:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Maria Full of Grace is a good movie. Not an excellent one but I don't think your husband will complain. As for plying, I aven't attempted it yet. I've knitted my singles using ribbing to prevent twisting.

8/18/2005 05:10:00 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

I definitely didn't ply my first spinning attempt! It's totally uneven and insanely bulky. I ended up knitting a small treasure bag and a distaff from it. :)
Have a good time watching the flicks!

8/19/2005 07:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->