Thursday, August 04, 2005

So I had an idea...

to convert the Lelah top for my soon to be year old little girl. I picked a cheapo yarn, Caron Simply Soft in Light Orchard Peach, did a quick measurement of my kid's chest and cast on. A week and a half later, we have the Baby Lelah. If I was to do this again, I would shorten the straps a bit to pull the top up a little. On the whole this was a quick knit with cheap yarn, and relatively instant quick gratification was had. I really like the pattern, and think I will be making one for myself. The lace pattern at the bottom is very easy, and the results are nice. It's hard to get a shot of my kid standing still, thus the action shots. Also, my family room is a wreck. You all see what kids will do to a room with a couple of hours and a bunch of toys. In other news, my secret pal totally rocks and sent me a little gifty. She's feeding my passion for both purple and beads. Love the lace mohair from Karabella, and the beads. I especially like the little fishy beads she sent. They are already getting the creative juices moving. I also got my first set of stitch markers from the stitch marker swap. I love them. They are a bit longer and heavier than the ones I make myself, but the colors are beautiful, and the style is lovely. It's fun to see what others do with the same concept.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwww!!!!! I think I am going to have to make one for my daughter! After seeing how adorable this is!!! Soooo cute!! Can I put it in my blog and gallery??? I am soo glad you made this!! It came out great!!!!!
What size needles did you use???

8/05/2005 04:44:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Jen! It's knittingforboozehags AT gmail DOT com!

8/05/2005 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

Wow, awesome little top! :-)

8/06/2005 01:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute!

8/06/2005 09:09:00 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

This is so adorable! I have a little boy so unless I want to scar him for life (which of course I don't), I'll have to make one for myself. The pattern looks like fun.

8/07/2005 02:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great adaptation! The little top looks great on your little one year old! And I love your quilt on the couch, did you make it yourself?

8/10/2005 05:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->