Wednesday, August 03, 2005

"When somebody shoot you in the head, it make you think."

Have you seen the movie, "I Love You to Death" with Kevin Kline, River Phoenix, William Hurt, Keanu Reeves, and Joan Plowright? I loved this comedy in high school. I still enjoy it, 15 years later. In the course of the movie Kevin Kline's character gets shot in the head and doesn't die. He complains of a headache which is a huge understatement. Well, for the past week, I've had horrible headaches. I've tried drinking soda for the caffeine, upped my water intake, nothing was cutting it. The headaches don't feel like my usual migraines, and I couldn't figure out what was causing them. The headaches would often subside in the evening, and wouldn't start until my day got started with the kids. Well, I think I've figured it out. I got a hair cut last month for a wedding. My hair used to be rather long, and now it's above my shoulders. So I've been wearing a headband. Yes, the headband is causing the headaches. When I wear it, headache, when I take it off, no headache. Weird. I compressed the Tidal Belt Pattern's PDF file, so it should be easier to upload now, for those with dial-up. I changed the link in the sidebar so it should work! I hope to have more pics up later this week, maybe a FO pic.

7 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

The same exact thing happens to me whenever I wear headbands. I love the look, but I pay for it.

Amy

8/03/2005 12:40:00 PM  
Blogger rincaro said...

Headbands give me headaches too. And they cause a binge-purge cycle.

Have no headbands >>> Spend lots of money on headbands >>> Get horrible headaches >>> Throw away all the expensive headbands >>> Forget the problem and repeat cycle!

8/03/2005 06:48:00 PM  
Blogger Sharlene said...

I have had the same thing happen to me with headbands! I keep saying I'm going to knit myself a couple of really loose ones, but never quite seem to get around to it.

8/03/2005 07:34:00 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Headbands are cruel and unusual punishment. If you must, substitute a bandana they are sooo much more comfortable plus they make you feel super crafty! That's my 2 cents. Hope you are feeling better!

8/03/2005 08:20:00 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Doesn't happen to me with headbands (maybe mine are looser than yours), but I get headaches if I wear my hair in a ponytail for too long or if I wear one of those butterfly clips for too long.

8/04/2005 06:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, same thing happens with me. Also with some sunglasses.

8/04/2005 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger littlelixie said...

I get this too. I have to move them around behind my ears otherwise it really hurts!

8/04/2005 01:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->