Tuesday, July 26, 2005
I've been busy recently finishing up a couple of small projects. First up is the belt design I've been working on. I continue on my quest to incorporate beadwork and knitting and came up with this belt idea. I used way less than one skein of Noro Kureyon, which is awesome since I have a little bag idea too. I also used some memory wire and beads that I think compliment the color and texture of the Kureyon. Some seed stitch, increases, decreases, icord, and sewing and voila... a fun, funky belt. The cool thing about the belt, is that you can take the memory cord links out of the belt design and have bracelets, like the one I'm wearing with it. I've also finished my afghan square for the Afghan Project in the Memory of John Glick organized by Annie. I used up some leftover Cascade 220 superwash in Sage Green and made up the eyelet pattern as I went along. I like how it turned out. I was able to whip up the square in an evening, which is giving me ideas to make a sampler afghan with all of my leftover yarn. I got a lot of comments about the roving I scored at the TKGA this past weekend. I've been petting it all weekend. To tell the truth, I'm a little scared to start spinning using my spindle. I got a tutorial by the people at Grafton Fibers this weekend, and I've read a lot. I know I should just dive in and give it a whirl (literally), but I've been a chicken. The roving has given me a renewed kick in the pants to get started though.