Thursday, July 21, 2005

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."

Things are finally starting to cool down here in No. Cal. which is magnifique! Knitting has been a strictly night-time activity lately since sweaty knitting needles, and sticky yarn don't do it for me. What have I been doing during kidlet naptime instead? Beading of course! My beading roots are in off-loom beadweaving, so I've been trying to incorporate small bits of it in my stitch marker making. The results are the pics in this post. I think I like the ones that use the swarovski glass pearls. The pink ones are supposed to look like spirals, and they do up close. As a bracelet that stitch is very pretty, but I'm not thinking it works in small segments. I've also been trying to design more accessories that combine beading and knitting. Right now I'm working on a belt design. Of course I'm knitting it in Noro Kureyon, so it's hot, sticky, and been tabled until maybe today if it stays cool. I also went to the local hardware store yesterday and picked up some twine and brass washers for another design I'm thinking about. This Saturday my mother and I are going to a Fiberarts Market Show in Oakland. I've saved some of my birthday money and hope to come away with some laceweight, sock, and feltable yarns. Very exciting. We went to Stitches West this year and had a blast. I think this show is smaller, but Grafton Fibers, Habu Textiles, White Lies Designs, and Carolina Homespun will all be there. I'm definitely checking them out. I'd love to pick up some fiber to play with on my spindle as well.

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

You are really a Crafty Lilly! I love the stitch markers, especially the ones that look like floweres (I think).

Amy

7/21/2005 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Sharlene said...

Have a great time at the show! My mom is going on Friday, and I was hoping to join her, but I'm hesitant about bringing both of my little ones. I think we'll be spending the day at the park instead. :(

7/21/2005 03:04:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Anything fiber! Have fun at the show. Your stitch markers are very pretty.

7/21/2005 06:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely stitch markers :o)

Oh and...tag, you're it :o) See my Blog for details...

7/21/2005 09:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->