Thursday, July 14, 2005

What project is "Cotton-Ease" worthy and a Contest

Remember that Seinfeld episode with Elaine and the Sponges? Yes, I am beginning to feel that way about Cotton-Ease. What projects are "Cotton-ease worthy." I've been slowly picking up cotton-ease at Jo-ann and Tuesday Morning. A few balls here, and few balls, there and now I've got a nice small stash of it. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this yarn yet. Lot's of ideas have been whirling about my brain, but I've been hesitant to start with any of them. Glampyre's minisweater? Lelah? I just don't know. I also just got in six balls of Austermann's Mayfair yarn to make the Annie corset top. I've got Renada to thank for that. After reading her post about joining the KAL I went to the Modeknit site and found myself hitting the "BUY BUY BUY" button. Don't worry Amy. I'm planning on casting on Cold Shoulder this weekend. My ebay experiment has been a partial failure. I sold one set of stitch markers. My next step is to try out the local LYS to see if there is any interest. I've decided to offer up two sets of stitch markers here as a contest prize. The winner will choose two of the three stitch marker sets represented in the pic. All stitch markers will fit up to a size 13 needle. So here's the contest: the first person who can name all the movies that these quotes came from will win. If no one gets them all, I will award the stitch markers to the person who got the most right by Thursday, July 21st. Email me at tabbytuxedo AT yahoo DOT com or reply to this post. The quotes: 1) "Well, ain't this place a geographical oddity. Two weeks from everywhere!" 2) "I have endured what no one on earth has endured. I have kissed the hands of the man who killed my son." 3) "Mr. Vaughn, what we are dealing with here is a perfect engine, er... an eating machine. It's really a miracle of evolution." 4) "Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?" Have fun! I'm off to get the house ready for my Mother-in-law. I'm throwing my SIL a bridal shower this weekend. I'm giving her the bridal jewelry and Chickami I made her. Hope she likes her stuff and the party!

6 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

I say Grumperina's Tivoli is a great use for cotton ease. I wanted to use cotton ease for that sweater, but I can't get my hands on any.

7/14/2005 07:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm taking a wild guess here just for the sake of wild guesses:

#1: Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
#2 I have no idea
#3 umm...Jaws?
#4 Dumb and Dumber (and I only know this b/c my SO and his best friend do it All. The. Time.

7/14/2005 08:21:00 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

1. Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?
2. Troy
3. Jaws
4. Dumb and Dumber

7/14/2005 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

I should have e-mailed, huh? Oops!

7/14/2005 10:49:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

**rubbing my hands maniacally**

OOOooo the COLD SHOULDER!!!!

That Amanda is one lucky gal. Your stitch markers are super. A friend of mine tried to sell some on Ebay without any luck. I talked to her tonight and she thought it was because the Seahorse lady cornered the market.

I really love your choker too. If you don't get any takers for you swap, email me.

As far as the Cotton Ease goes, another friend of mine used it to knit Tempting from Knitty.

Amy

7/14/2005 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger rincaro said...

I just finished the minisweater in cotton ease. I modified the pattern to use size 8 needles (the recommended for CE) and although I like it, it still seems a bit holey/airy. I imagine going down to 7's would get me a better fabric, but that's more math! There are pics going up later this morning of it on my blog if you wanna see!

7/15/2005 06:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->