Monday, July 11, 2005

"Houston, we have a problem."

I've been without internet service for two days, and I'm almost comatose with joy to be back online. Not having the internet has been like leaving the house without my purse. Something's just not right. Something is very wrong. The experience reminded me a little of the time I left all my lecture notes, corrected work, lesson plans, and lunch at home. All I brought to work with me was my purse and car keys. I didn't even have my classroom keys. There are three things to be feared if one teaches high school: 1) having an unzipped fly or toilet paper hanging out of your skirt (fly has happened to me), 2) having a horribly bad hair day and bad breath (suffered that as well), 3) being unprepared in front of 30 sixteen year olds. It was horrible. This weekend has been a little like that. I got service back a couple of hours ago and have been wading through a ginormous amount of email, and blog reading. It seems like everyone posted over the weekend. Now that I'm feeling somewhat caught up. I'm feeling a little more like myself. I even celebrated by eating a Little Debbie Marshmellow sandwich that I keep hidden in my pantry. Sad, I know. I thought I'd give you some WIP shots. After I wrap up the boy sweater I think I'm going to start Cold Shoulder. The yarn is calling me. I can hear it in my closet saying, "Take me out and knit me!"

6 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Can you hear Amy's voice whispering to you as well "I must do Cold Shoulder. I must do Cold Shoulder"?

Holy Moly. Your Charlotte's Web is unbelievable. Your yarn choices are so striking. You are going to be the belle of the ball every time you wear it.

Amy

7/11/2005 07:09:00 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Wow, I just started reading your blog and I didn't realize that you were a HS teacher. I did that once. I was miserable. I used to get hives every Sunday night because I was unhappy about going to work the next day. I'm glad that you are able to do it.

You're kids are cute and I love the colors of Charlotte's web.

7/12/2005 06:18:00 AM  
Blogger amber said...

welcome back to the wonderful world of internet access :)

-Amber

7/12/2005 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Thank you! Reading about other teachers makes me miss my teaching days a little less.

7/13/2005 06:16:00 PM  
Blogger soapy said...

Welcome bak to blog world!!! ;o) I have a 17y/o and I can't imagine haing to be with 30+ of them in a classroom everyday!! YIKES!

7/13/2005 07:05:00 PM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Welcome back! It's strange how we get so used to this connection to the greater cyber world. I can feel your pain.

Thanks for teaching kids. It is such an important and noble job. Difficult at times like others have said but the most challenging things offer the greatest rewards. It is such a beautiful choice for a profession.

7/13/2005 08:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->