Friday, July 08, 2005

Knittin' and Beadin'

The wirework class I took a couple of weeks ago has really livened up my excitement about jewelry making. I've been making bracelets with wirework elements and really loving every minute of it! I've also made several sets of stitch markers that I'm going to try to sell on ebay. If anyone's interested or knows of someone who may be intersted my ebay name is lovelylillydesigns. The picture below is a pretty good representation of the work I do, for those in the stitch marker swap. I'm loving Charlotte's Web as well. I'm into the third color and am just amazed with the beauty of Koigu. I keep knitting just to see the color changes. The body of my son's sweater is almost done, which means I've got the collar and sleeve island next. I want to finish up his sweater before starting any one of the multitude of projects I've got in the pipeline. For all you mothers/fathers out there, I've got to say having a 11 month old whose been walking for a month hasn't been easy. She's a walking baby, not really a toddler. I can't say how many books I've had to put back in shelves, and how many bruises she's gotten on her forehead. The worst is when the three year old goes in one direction, and the baby in the other. I'm getting gray hair here people... I also want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with those suffering and affected by the bombings in London. I am saddened by all the hate and anger that exists in the world. I don't know how to solve any world issues. I've only got control over my own actions and how I raise my own children. Hatred is not apart of my way, and I can only hope others live similarly.

3 Comments:

Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

Oh, I feel for you having such a mobile baby! My husband and I used to joke that ours needed tiny little football helmets.

7/08/2005 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Your beadwork is lovely, and considering your baby's mobility, quite an accomplishment.

7/09/2005 02:23:00 PM  
Blogger Sharlene said...

Where did you take the wirework class? I've been wanting to try one of those too.

7/16/2005 07:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->