Tuesday, July 19, 2005

What do you mean there are no pictures?

For some reason bloggerbot is offline, so I can't get pics up. It's unfortunate as I had a great pic of one of the place settings at the tea house where I threw my SIL's bridal shower. Ah well, another time perhaps. MIL has gone home, and I'm still recovering. Visits from my in-laws stress me out. This visit was even more stressful as I had the bridal shower to put on. Luckily, everything went well. It didn't look good for a while there though. My central A/C decided to die the afternoon before the arrival. Luckily it was an easy fix, and I didn't have a hot house and a houseguest. I shudder just thinking about it. I got to meet a fellow knitter and blogger this weekend. Carrie, who is also in Knit the Classics, happens to live a couple of miles from me. We met up at a local Starbucks for some conversation, and she wanted to see and buy some of my stitch markers. Thanks Carrie! I enjoyed meeting you! In knitting news, I've started Cold Shoulder and am loving it. The Jo Sharp Soho Summer is wonderful to work with. It has a nice sheen, and I can tell it's going to have a nice drape. The color is a bit more orangey red, which I wasn't expecting, but I like it. Charlotte is also going well. I'm in the fourth color transition and the rows are getting long. I used to be able to complete 10-15 rows a sitting and am now lucky to get one or two rows completed. I also agreed to knit a square for The Afghan Project in the name of John Glick that is being organized by Annie of Knitty Gritty. I've got some leftover Cascade 220 to use and am still settling on a pattern. If anyone knows of a nice afghan square pattern that is 8"x8" let me know!

3 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Glad to hear that you survived your weekend!

7/19/2005 01:21:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

It's good to hear you got your AC fixed. You were right, it was hot down there!

7/19/2005 06:58:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

She's a survivor! Glad you made it through the tough weekend.

Amy

7/19/2005 07:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->