Friday, July 22, 2005

Idiosyncrasies, I've got a few

Ok, yesterday was the big monster meme, here's one that airs more of a person's, how shall I say this, quirky side. This was sent to me by Amylovie. id·i·o·syn·cra·sy Pronunciation Key n. pl. id·i·o·syn·cra·sies A structural or behavioral characteristic peculiar to an individual or group. Write down five of your own personal idiosyncracies. Then, if you wish, tag five people from your live gerbil or friendslist to do the same. Ok so here goes... 1) I feel naked unless I'm wearing at least one bracelet. After I had my son I put on the solid jade bangle that my grandparents gave me on my wedding day, and it's pretty much taken care of the weirdness. See, I now can't get the thing off without breaking it or my arm. 2) I eat my burritoes using a fork. Now, I don't cut it and eat it with the fork, I dig into the guts of it and eat the inside, leaving the tortilla an empty shell of flouriness. I should just ask for my burritoes without the tortilla, naked so to speak. 3) Whenever I stub my toe, or drop something on the ground, you will hear me yell or say, "Aiyah!!" It's from my grandmother, and if you read Amy Tan, apparently is an Asian thing. 4) I read the end of the book way before I get to the end. I just can't stand the suspense, and must know right away! Surprisingly, this does not ruin a book for me. 5) I rely on my husband for fashion sense. Before meeting him, I would wear a baggy T-shirt and jeans that didn't fit. After meeting him, I actually began to branch out to cuter clothes. I still rely on him to tell if an outfit looks nice, or to give advice on jewelry pieces I design that I run into trouble with. I think I'll tag, Karen , Renada, Jess, and Elisabeth I also just got back from the Fiberarts Market down at the Oakland Convention center. It was a lot smaller than Stitches West, but my mother and I enjoyed ourselves. I bought lots of roving to spin with, a pattern, and a cone of fingering weight cotton blend yarn. Afterwards, mom and I headed to Lafayette for lunch and to hit the two LYS's that are right across the street from one another. There I got the Rowan mag with the Birch pattern in it, three balls of Crystal Palace Kid Merino, a skein of Cascade 220 and a skein of Kureyon for Black Sheep Bags Madeline Bag. I also received a couple of skeins of handspun from Elisabeth for a CD of 90's music I made for her, and a skein of grey yarn and some handmade soap from Michelle. I'm almost dizzy from the yarny/wooly goodness! Only one was kind of a bummer from the day. While walking to our car at the Oakland Convention Center, my mother and I got approached by a guy that we think was just trying to make off with our wallets. Ever had one of those situations when a person/situation just doesn't feel right? Well, it was one of those. Luckily a security guard came up and the guy ran off, but it was a bit uncomfortable.

1 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I usually read the book before the end too.

You fiber haul is great! No yarn diet for you!

I'm glad to hear you and your mom are OK. That sounded scary.

I'm stalking the mailman for my necklace. I can't wait!

Amy

7/23/2005 08:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->