Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I detest spam and a Meme

I've just spent the last 15 minutes deleting spam from this blog. Whoever thinks it's a good marketing strategy to make anonymous comments on someone's blog and actually get people to go to their site is wrong, dead wrong. Another tip for my legitimate blog reading friends. Microsoft has a new Anti-spyware software which they are Beta testing available on their website. As long as you have a legitimate copy of Microsoft Windows, you can download and use it. I also have Norton Security, and thought that I wouldn't find a bunch of spyware on my system. However, the program found 16 programs on my computer, including a trojan. (shudder) It's free, so you may want to try it out. Ok, enough unpleasantness, here's some fun things to talk about. I now have a button that I made with Adobe Photoshop. I used a tutorial that deety over at the knittyboard wrote. Very cool! I also took a quiz over at quizilla to see what kind of yarn I am. You're the 'classic' brands. You use lots of 'just
wool'. Technique may be very important to you,
as opposed to a yarn that does all the work.

What brand of yarn are you? (Knitting)
brought to you by Quizilla I also got a meme to answer. Christine tagged me with this meme. So here you go! 5 CDs in your Player: To be honest, I don't listen to much music anymore. Here's what I've got in the car. 1) A mix of 80s and 90s music I made for my Secret Pal, and then burned for myself too. 2) A mix of kiddie music given to me by another mother at my son's preschool 3) Maroon 5 4) Moulin Rouge Soundtrack - I LOVE this movie 5) Grosse Pointe Blank Soundtrack - Another great comedy 5 Movies You've watched Recently: I am a huge movie buff, so we see a lot of these, albeit on DVD these days. 1) A Very Long Engagement - This movie is excellent! 2) Constantine - Love Keanu Reeves, always have 3) Hide and Seek - Not so good 4) Alexander - Couldn't even make it through the whole thing, it was so bad. 5) Million Dollar Baby - Wonderful movie! 5 Nice Things That Happened To You Lately 1) Scored a lot of nice roving at the TKGA market. 2) Cooked and then ate a great soup called Ribolleta. MMmmmmmm. 3) Received Harry Potter the day it came out via Amazon. 4) Son is learning how to use the potty! Yah!!!! 5) Daughter is turning one this weekend! 5 MP3s on your playlist See CD comment. I have downloaded a few songs for my hubby's Ipod though. 1) New Order - Krafty 2) Stevie Wonder - Superstition 3) Black Eyed Peas - Don't Phunk with my Heart 4) Gwen Stefani - If I were a rich girl 5) Damien Rice - Blower's Daughter I've done a lot of tagging recently, so if you want to participate, consider yourself tagged!

5 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

You know, I have yet to be spammed on my blog (knocks on wood).

You button is great! I'll put it up ASAP.

I have the Moulin Rouge CD in my car too. Fab!

Amy

8/11/2005 10:14:00 AM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

I have been wanting to see A Very Long Engagement for a while now. I adore Audrey Tautou and all the movies she seems to be in. Think I'll rent it tonight!

8/11/2005 10:53:00 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth Lincoln said...

Woohoo on the potty training!
I'll consider myself tagged. :-)

8/11/2005 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

Moulin Rouge is one of my fav movies, it's one of the few dvds I own.

I still havent seen engagement, though I sooo want to. Maybe this weekend?

8/11/2005 08:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh...Must. See. Constantine. Keeeanuuuuu!

8/12/2005 12:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->