Monday, August 08, 2005

"Conquer your fear, and you shall conquer death!"

Alexander was a horrible, horrible movie. It is a true waste of film. Hubby and I had a horrible weekend of movies. We couldn't even finish Alexander, and that's saying a lot since we have in the past finished such masterpieces as Alien vs. Predator. We also had the "pleasure" of seeing Hide and Seek. It was also pretty bad. At least we could finish it. Got a lot of knitting done during it. That's saying something. For those of you who frequent a local KMart, I discovered yesterday that they are employing a new marketing strategy. I'm in the lotion aisle when a girl approaches me. She's wearing a KMart nametag, but is dressed in regular clothes, not the characteristic apron. She proceeds to say that she is the store model, and that the jeans and shirt she is wearing is currently on sale in the juniors department just in time for back to school. She then hands me a coupon book for the weekend's specials, and a free tote bag with more samples and coupons for the coming weeks. This took me totally off guard. I had two thoughts going on at the same time. One part of my brain is trying to compute what is happening, the other is trying to decide if this is a good marketing ploy. I haven't quite made up my mind, but I did get a great new tote bag (for knitting of course) and some Reese's pieces, which I already polished off. As you might have already noticed, I've got nothing to show or say about knitting. I hope to have Cold Shoulder done sometime this week, and Charlotte says hi!

5 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

ooh, ooh! Must go to Kmart. Wait, I don't know where one is. Sigh.

How are you liking Charlotte? I thought it was such a fun knit!

8/08/2005 12:20:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Yea! The CS debut will be soon!

8/08/2005 12:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a bit odd as a marketing ploy. However, anyone who comes bearing gifts of a totebag suitable for knitting and candy would be welcome. No K-marts in these parts any more though. Bunny says she would volunteer to model outfits from the pet dept. ;0)

8/08/2005 09:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh perfect excuse to go to Kmart later....although having that happen without warning was probably pretty disturbing...at least she softened it with candy and a totebag! ;o)

8/09/2005 09:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't make fun, but I'm considering looking at Alexander just so I can see the lead actor in it. Hee!

8/09/2005 12:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->