Monday, August 15, 2005

Just another manic Monday...

Just a quick post today as I've got a million errands to run. The worst/best one is my daughter's 1 year check up today. On the good side, I'll get to see her current weight (heavy) and height (seems tall). The bad side is the using her leg as a pincushion for shots. Ick. Well, my son will be relieved it's not him. This weekend was busy with daughter's first birthday party. I got a free cake at our local Safeway. I ordered chocolate frosting on chocolate cake. It was delicious, and allowed for the requisite, adorable cake face and hair shots of the wee girl. My son didn't really get the idea that the gifts weren't his; he's three. But we all still had a great time. I'm close to the end of Charlotte. I've decided not to do the crochet edge on her, and find another edge. I hate to crochet. I've been flipping through Nicky Epstein's Knitting on the edge. I'm thinking a picot edge, but I need it to work mathmatically. I'm open to all suggestions! Oh, and I have a film recommendation! If you enjoy foreign films, you might like Children of Heaven. It's an Iranian movie about a boy who loses his sister's show by accident. He and his sister share his shoes for school as they go to school at different times. The boy enters a foot race where the prize is a pair of sneakers. It was really sweet.

6 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Happy birthday baby girl craftylilly!

That one year checkup is a humdinger.

Amy

8/15/2005 02:47:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Hi Tabby tuxedo -- I missed seeing your Charlotte (I meandered over from the Knit the Classics), but I really love your Baby Lelah!! I'll definitely be making one of my own next year ... for my 3 almost 4 year old! Happy bday to your little one -- mine is turning 3 on Sunday. (Sniff.) Take care! Jenifer jeniferknits.blogdrive.com

8/15/2005 03:18:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Hi Jennifer -- now that I know that your name is Jennifer! I wanted to say that I saw the "Jennifer Knitter" webring that you have listed and I'm joining now! :)

8/16/2005 07:12:00 AM  
Blogger SpiderWomanKnits said...

Happy Birthday to your little one! All my warmest wishes for a magical year of growth, discovery, and joy!

8/16/2005 06:12:00 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

Thanks for send a ton of good vibes my way, always appreciated!

Happy Bday for mini crafty-lilly!!

8/17/2005 06:03:00 AM  
Blogger littlelixie said...

How's the spinning going? Have you seen the yahoo group spinning_on_the_edge? Is quite new but very busy already and the yarns in the picture folder are gorgeous.

8/17/2005 11:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->