Sunday, August 21, 2005

Charlotte's debut

Well, I finished up Charlotte, and I think she looks lovely. I decided to go with a picot edge instead of the crochet edge suggested by the pattern. I hate to crochet, and didn't want to put fringe on her anyway. I like the effect. I have a lot leftover from the first two red skeins, and some left over from the blue, and green skeins. I've got plans for amulet bags with the leftovers. The lace pattern was really simple once I got used to it. I would suggest writing out the first 20 to 25 rows if you don't like to deal with charts though. I did, and it helped a lot. I also finished spinning up the pink and yellow roving. It's slubby, thick and thin, and very uneven, but I enjoyed spinning it so much! I definitely am going to continue spinning, and I'm sure my yarn will get better looking over time. In other news, I've had a few false starts with Hopeful. I'm hoping that I've picked the correct yarn this time and can get started for real today! I've also recieved the info on my Knitty Secret Pal 5. I'm so excited to get started on it. I thoroughly enjoyed my blogger sp5 experience and hope to have a good experience with this one.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything looks awesome!!

8/21/2005 06:10:00 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Charlotte looks awesome and so does Cold Shoulder. That is too a good color on you.

Stitch markers as necklaces! That is a brilliant idea. In the latest Vogue? I must have missed it, since you made my beautiful stitch markers.

Grocery store trip sounds hellish. Some days are just like that.

8/21/2005 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

I can't see your pictures! :(

I was wanting to start Hopeful too...hopefully I have the right yarn in the stashette to get started soon!!

8/22/2005 08:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You picked such a beautiful colorway for Charlotte.

8/23/2005 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

it looks so pretty with all those different colors. and the handspun yarn looks yummy, you know me and pink!

8/24/2005 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

You're smart to go with the picot edging on Charlotte ... I'd definitely do that next time around myself. And thanks for the welcome to the cool Jennifer club!

8/24/2005 05:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->