Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Whatever happened to the original One Arm Bandits?

You know, the slot machines where you actually got to pull the lever to see the dial spin. The last time I was in Vegas (albeit a few years ago) they only had the kind where you press a button. I think something is lost... I'm currently calling my Hopeful the One Armed bandit, as I've only completed the one. It's my first experience with short-rows and I think it's going pretty well. I would have had the second arm done by today as well if it wasn't for looking at my calendar. Much to my horror, it is now September. I've got to get my friend's bridal shower gift done by the beginning of October. Now having a month wouldn't be too nervewracking in itself. Add in the boy's preschool starting up, my SIL's wedding this weekend, and a job interview with possible job coming from it, and panic is beginning to set in. Luckily I have settled on a pattern, "Oh, Sherri" from Hapagirl. It's a shrug/wrap cardi. I'm doing it in Venezia cotton yarn I got from a swap. I'm liking the drape of the fabric so far. I think she'll like it. Edited to add: If you haven't seen The Chorus (Les Choristes) you really must. It is an excellent movie. There's a scene involving paper airplanes that made me bawl. Also, if you are into watching TV series on DVD, watch La Femme Nikita with Peta Wilson. It is awesome! I think Alias totally ripped off this show. It is also based on the French Film of the same name which is a really good movie as well.

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Wow! You are one busy lady. I love the shrug pattern. Well...I would love anything called "Oh Sherri". I "heart" the 80's!

9/06/2005 02:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your One Arm Bandit is looking great! I haven't seen Les Choristes but have its soundtrack and love it.

9/06/2005 06:15:00 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey good luck on that One Armed Bandit! :)

9/06/2005 06:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->