Monday, September 12, 2005

Two planes and a boat

That's the story of my weekend. My Sis-in Law got married on Saturday in Newport Beach, so the Mr. and I flew down Saturday morning. She got married on a chartered yacht in the Balboa harbor. I was pretty worried about getting seasick, as I am prone to it, but the harbor was really calm, and the afternoon/evening was beautiful. The wedding went well, and the bracelets I designed were well received and looked great with the dresses. We flew back home Sunday afternoon, as the boy had to go to preschool today, and Mr. had to go back to work. I'm exhausted. I don't think I travel well. I did end up bringing sleeves to work on on the trip, but didn't get much done as I also hardly get any time to read, and chose to do that instead. I haven't got a lot of response for the Sparkle Swap, so I think I may table the idea for now. A bead swap was suggested, but I think that with school starting, other swaps in progress, people don't have the time, energy, or funds for it right now. Maybe this spring I'll bring it up again to see if anyone wants to give it a go. Right now, I've got a few things I'm trying to concentrate on knitting-wise. I was to finish up Hopeful, and my friend's shrug. I want to start a cabled capelet from the latest Rowan for the Fall Cable KAL. I also want to swatch for Kepler as my yarn came in. I've got a felted handbag design swimming around in my head that I want to work out as well. On the beading front, I have a necklace I need to make for a fundraiser for the last school I worked for. I also have another bracelet desin that I want to work out as well. I've got a full plate! I better get to it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christie said...

Newport...I'm sure the wedding was beautiful...hopefully it wasn't too cold out there on the water. My parents live not too far from there, ah, the OC. Rest up...the Sparkle Swap sounds fun...I love the swap idea, but always stress out making myself get the post office and trying to decide what people would like. Maybe next time!

9/12/2005 02:44:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Sounds like a nice weekend, even if tiring. I love that cabled capelet in the new Rowan. Such a cute project.

Amy

9/12/2005 03:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are going to be a busy bee too!

9/12/2005 07:11:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Do you have wedding pictures? I sure understand what a hard choice it is, whether to read or knit. I hope you finish all your projects in time.

9/13/2005 08:49:00 AM  
Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Calm harbor makes for
lack of barfing. Now back to
life as usual.

Forsaken sparkle
replaced by beads or nothing.
Swaps bloom in the spring.

Patterns dance around,
capelets, shrugs, and felted bags,
waiting to become.

Ha! I've haiku-ed you!!!

9/13/2005 09:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->