Wednesday, September 21, 2005

What does any sane person do when...

they've got four projects in the knitting queue? They sign up to test knit a sweater! Yes, I got accepted to test knit Stephanie's new super cute bulky mini-cardi! It's calling for superbulky yarn, so I'm using some Wool-ease Thick and Quick in Claret with a Moda Dea Ricochet edging. It should be pretty cute! I'm calling it Big Red. I've got the body of my friend's tie front cardi complete. I'm not quite ready to board the boat to sleeve island, so the test knit is a pleasant diversion. I also need to start cracking on my Rowan cable project and I've got a felted bag idea that's burning up my notebook. Some of you have wanted more pictures of Hopeful. Once I get the thing blocked, I'll take a few more. And yes, it was a very fun, relatively quick knit. I highly recommend it! I'll leave you all with a cute story gathered while working at the boy's preschool on Monday. I was overseeing the woodworking table where the children were working on hammering golf tees into styrofoam. All the children were wearing goggles and working away. One kid finished with her work, put her hammer and goggles away and said, "Whew! That's some hot work!" So cute...

12 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

No. 13 needles? Tha should be a fast knit. Have fun!

9/21/2005 05:54:00 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

I'm diggin' that lil sweater! Can't wait to see yours!

9/21/2005 07:00:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

How fun! Stephanie's pattern is so cute.

Amy

9/21/2005 08:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's the colder weather coming or what but I am developing a serious case of knitting A.D.D as well. Can't wait to see pictures of Glampyres cardigan. I always love her patterns.

9/21/2005 08:08:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if it's the colder weather coming or what but I am developing a serious case of knitting A.D.D as well. Can't wait to see pictures of Glampyres cardigan. I always love her patterns.

9/21/2005 08:09:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I'm so jealous! I wanted to test knit the bobble camisole thing, but I'll take anything (even the scarf/necklace thing, well maybe not that ...) Good luck and post pictures if you can! In the meantime, tag, you're it. Check my blog if you're interested in some silly chain letter stuff.

9/21/2005 09:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fret not! No sane person has less than 4 projects at the same time!

9/21/2005 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger amber said...

I think I have about 10 projects on needles (many are scarves). So you're doing fine.

And yes he's my fiancee but I've gotten used to the boyfriend term (we're about to have our 10 year anniversary).

:)

9/22/2005 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

I'm still so jealous! Even if I wouldn't make that cardigan normally I want to test knit it!

Last week at knitting someone told me that the reason I don't finish projects is that I have too many on the needles at once -- obviously I'm not alone!

9/22/2005 01:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenn! I send your package, check out your e-mail ;)

Greetings!
Sally

9/23/2005 09:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Hopeful looks marvelous! You do good work. Thanks for taking time to comment on my blog this morning. You said it well

9/23/2005 10:31:00 AM  
Blogger DomesticOverlord said...

Four truths and a lie, you're it!

9/23/2005 06:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->