Monday, September 26, 2005

"I've got canned heat in my heels"

I had a very busy weekend knitting and was able to complete the new Bulky Mini-Cardi from Glampyre. I was one of the test knitters for the pattern and found it to be a very quick and relatively straight forward knit. I used Lionbrand Wool-ease Thick and Quick in Claret and Moda Dea Ricochet in Salsa. I had some trouble finding 2 inch buttons so went with 1.5 inch ones instead. I also picked up less stitches than called for in the pattern which turned out fine in the final product. I must be a very tight knitter as well as I had to go up to a size 19 needle to make gauge. The sweater is very warm and cuddly and will be great for this fall and winter. I also got a sewing machine from my parents this weekend! They found a Brother machine at Costco for a really good price and picked it up for me. This is going to make sewing linings into purses, and sewing clothes possible! I need to take a little time to familiarize myself with this machine as it has a lot of computer whatzits on it. The last machine I used was pretty self explanatory and non-computerized. I need to get started on one of my many cable projects for the Fall Cable KAL as well. I want to make Charlotte out of the latest Rowan mag first as it looks like a good intro to cables project. I'm using Ribbon Twist in Racy Red though, and I'm a bit "red'ed" out though. I did buy Bonne-Marie's new Twist pattern and want to make Blackberry from the latest Knitty as well. I've also got yarn for Kepler calling out from the stash... I think I'm going to concentrate on getting off of sleeve island with my friend's cardi and noodle around with one of my own patterns for a few days before breaking out the cable needle.

1 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Your Glampyre cardi turned out great. It will be very versatile.

You sound like me trying to decide what I'm going to knit next. I keep telling myself that I must finish what is currently on my needles. The other knits are like a sirens song...

Amy

9/26/2005 05:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->