Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A ball winder and a swift

Gotta love it! My mother gave me one of each and I'm loving it! I used them to make balls out of my Cascade Sierra for the I Do Shrug from the latest edition of Knitty. It took a little getting used to, but I got some fab looking yarn balls! I'm also trucking along on the new edition of the Mother's day project. I'm hoping I have enough yarn to get the thing finished. I'd take a picture but it's a lot of stockinette in the round right now. Very boring. I've got a meeting at DS's preschool tonight, so not much is going to get accomplished knitting wise, but it is an opportinity to be out in public without the kidlets.

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Oooh, I'm jealous. I've been wanting both a ball winder and a swift for a while. Maybe I'll do a subtle hint for Mother's Day.

Amy

4/20/2005 06:44:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I'm thinking of asking for a swift and winder for my birthday.....you really think they're usefull? I almost NEVER buy yarn in hanks, so it would be more for dealing with dyed yarn and rewinding skeins............

4/22/2005 04:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually just ordered a winder and a swift and can't wait to get it. I too thought I wouldn't use it until I realize half the yarn in my stash was hanks and i didn't even realize it.

4/23/2005 09:12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->