Tuesday, May 17, 2005

We're all sick! WAHHHH!!!

Well, to be more specific, DD and I are sick, DS is almost over the ick, and DH has yet to be infected. DS came home from preschool last week with a little cold... for HIM! I've been sick for a week. The boy has had three days of illness, tops. Now he has the obligatory slight cough, but other than that he's his usual crazy self. DD held off pretty well, but was laid low yesterday with it. She's now in bed sleeping as nothing, and I mean nothing was satisfying her. The upshot of all this illness is that we aren't going on DS's preschool field trip today to a nature park. I'm a bit bummed as it sounded like fun. However, it's DS's birthday tomorrow, and I've got to be rested and over this cold by Thursday for his school party, and the family and friends party we are throwing for him this weekend. Send good health vibes. We need it. In knitting/beading news. I totally threw in the towel on the Glampyre mini-sweater. I can't get gauge on the yarn I've chosen and so the whole project is tabled until I can find a suitable yarn in the stash. Of course, now I'm so sick of the pattern I just can't face starting it again. I Do is halfway done. I'm planning on starting the left sleeve today or tomorrow. I've also stopped procrastinating and started working on my SIL's wedding jewelry. I finished another prototype last night, but want to tinker a little more with it before I post a pic. Off I go to lay on the couch and commune with Dora the Explorer.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

Poor thing, I hope you start feeling better soon, both regarding your health and the glampyre sweater. Don't give up on that yarn. There's so many patterns out there and I'm sure there's one that will meet gauge.

5/17/2005 02:09:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I hope you and yours get to feeling better soon.

Amy

5/17/2005 04:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon!

5/17/2005 04:16:00 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Matching gauge can be the worst! ...especially if you aren't feeling well. Maybe a little break will give you the time to discover the perfect yarn/pattern. I hope you and your family get well soon! **sending virtual chicken soup your way**

5/18/2005 04:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better soon! I know how it's like when one of these cycles happen.

5/19/2005 10:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better!

5/20/2005 07:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->