Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Stash Enhancement

For Mother's Day, my mom and I went yarn shopping. We went down to Skein Lane in El Cerrito and then to The Knitting Basket in Oakland. Skein Lane is huge! I got yarn overload once I entered the door. They had everything, but the prices were a bit too rich for my blood. The Knitting Basket was also a nice shop with friendly sales people and decent prices. I enhanced the stash... I got enough Tahki Cotton Classic for the scallop tank from the last Interweave Knits, a whole bag of chunky wool yarn for a project not determined yet, and some Lorna's Laces. I've never owned any Lorna's Laces before, and all I can say is the colors are beautiful, and the yarn is so soft! The bag of yarn... well I couldn't resist. The colors were gorgeous, the price was right, my mom was buying... I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet, but I'm sure it will make a fab winter sweater. Got to look towards future knitting! No FO to show, unfortunately. I'm still trucking along on I Do and the Minisweater. I hope to have the minisweater done in the next week or so. I'd like to start beading for real on my sis-in-laws wedding jewelry, and I have a bead knitting bracelet/necklace design I'm working on that I'd like to test.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

Is she going to wear your creations at her wedding? That's neat! Beautiful yarn for your stash too.

5/10/2005 07:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear you!
I am trying to email you through your blog, I would love to join the IDO Kal, but I cant figure out how to tell you that I am interested.
I am a norwegian knitter, my blog is http://virtuella.blogdrive.com and you can reach me at virtuella@gmail.com.
In advance thank you!

5/11/2005 05:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How wonderful that you're beading for her wedding! I hope that you share some photos of your creations.

5/12/2005 03:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->