Sunday, June 12, 2005

"This is a quest. It's a quest for fun."

Well, I survived the weekend with just me and the kidlets. Mr. Craftylilly was in Lake Tahoe for a bachelor party, and so it was just me, the short ones, the cats, and a whole lot of hot weather. We had an "ok sort of" time. Many of the things I attempted to do were foiled. I tried to take the kids to a new LYS in Orinda only to find it closed for the weekend. We did go to a cool toy store across the street though. We also tried to go to a birthday party for the kidlet of a friend, but DS was having a hard day, so we left after about 15 minutes. Oh, and like I said before, it was HOT!!! I've also decided to lay off on the potty training for a while. A week of DS crying and being upset when sitting on the pot pretty much says, "Whatcha doing woman! Trying to give the kid a complex?" I figure I'll broach the topic again next month. On the positive front, I got the whole evening last night to bead and made two bracelets, and a choker. The cuff is for me, but the others are for gifts. I enjoyed myself! The French Market bag and the Chickami are going pretty well, and I'm itching to start knitting another lace project... Maybe Charlotte's Web? I also got a lovely gift from my Secret Pal! My pal sent me the Lost Points stole pattern and the yarn to knit it (SWTC Bamboo and Melody). I also got a knitting journal which I want to start writing in right away. My secret pal also lives in the Bay Area which is pretty cool. Maybe we'll even meet one day? What do you think Secret Pal? I'm not too weird in real life... Really I'm not! It's my 31st birthday tomorrow, so I think I'm going to take my kidlets to the Lafayette Reservoir for a walk and try to spend their nap time knitting instead of cleaning. Hubby is bringing home Yan Can takeout for my birthday dinner, so I don't have to cook. Should be nice!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!

6/12/2005 10:42:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

After much agony with potty training two kids at the same time, I finally came to a realization. Kids potty train themselves when they are ready. So, give yourself a break and don't feel like you are a bad mom or your kid is developmentally behind. For some kids it just takes longer.

Your jewelry is beautiful. I especially like the red and turquoise.

Happy birthday! I'm glad you are taking the day off. You deserve it!

Amy

6/13/2005 04:13:00 AM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Happy Birthday to you!!

6/13/2005 08:05:00 AM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Happy Birthay! I hope you enjoy the dinner and the knitting time too.

6/13/2005 02:59:00 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

Happy Birthday!

6/13/2005 09:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->