Friday, June 10, 2005

"Zed's dead, baby... Zed's dead."

And so are many rock/pop artists from the 80s. Ok, maybe not literally dead, but boy have many of them aged. For that matter, I've aged quite a bit... Anyway, I am embarassed to say that I saw the show "Hit Me Baby One More Time," where they take pop stars from the 80s and early 90s and have them compete for 20K for their charity of choice. So last night they have the Motels, the Knack, Haddaway, and Vanilla Ice. DH and I were riveted. We only caught the last half where they sing bad covers of contemporary songs. We missed the first half were they sing their old hits. We saw enough to really have enjoyable conversation like this: (While watching the Knack) DH - Boy, they've aged. Me - Yeah, they aren't' moving around the stage much. DH - They're really looking old. Me - Do we look old? (While watching Haddaway drag himself on his belly across the stage singing a cover of Britney Spears "Toxic") Me - Ok, he just needs to get up off the floor. DH - That is so not sexy when a middle-aged black guy does that. Me - EWWWW! DH - Dude, that's sad. Me - Well at least he's singing and not lip syncing like Britney. DH - Maybe that's part of the problem. Unfortunately I think we'll be watching the madness next week. I made a note of it: Thursday night at 9 pm on NBC. We're sad... By the way, If you haven't noticed already, I'm bad at thinking of new post titles, so I'm ripping off quotes from movies. As a certified moviephile, I figured it'd be kind of fun. Today's quote is from Pulp Fiction.

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I'm a child of the 80's myself (I graduated from high school in '91). I'm fighting like heck not to be "old". I'm sure you are too, although I can sing all of the people you mentioned #1 hit.

Have a great weekend,
Amy

6/10/2005 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Darn! I missed it. I bet the Motels were great because that lady has a great singing voice.

6/10/2005 09:27:00 PM  
Blogger rincaro said...

I saw that too. And I've had "ice, ice baby" in my head ever since. Television is evil. Evil I tell you.

6/11/2005 11:46:00 AM  
Blogger D said...

Too funny! I'm errr...a child of the 80s (grad in 1985) and I completely refuse to grow up! ;)

6/11/2005 09:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->