Tuesday, June 07, 2005

You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

I've got skills... Ok, some but none of them include any mentioned in this post's title. By the way, anyone recognize the quote? If you haven't seen Napoleon Dynamite you really must. It's hilarious and kind of sweet. Back to my "skills," I've been thinking of them recently because I'm trying to find a part-time teaching position at a community college, or as an online instructor. I figure my 6 years teaching the teens of America should qualify me something education wise, that and the single subject teaching credential and graduate degree. Of course my graduate degree is in Theology, not the world's most lucrative degree. To make matters worse I focused on ethics, a somewhat dying discipline. We'll see. My musing about my skills also leads me to a recent realization... I think I'm getting a bit... boring. I had a long conversation with one of my closest friends this past weekend and realized that my side of the discussion was all about the trials and travails of shuttling my kids around, and how best to potty train my ambivalent son. When I think of what I've done today so far the list includes, cleaning up a cat hairball, changing several diapers, cleaning up spit-up off the carpet, dressing kids, dropping son off at pre-school and then picking him up, making meals, emptying the dishwasher... You get the idea. The most exciting thing that has happened lately is that I got out last night to a preschool board meeting, my first. Wow... Maybe I'm in a funk. My I Do is all blocked. When DH gets home, he'll take a pic and I'll post! I'm also working on the French Market Bag for the Knit the Classics group, and finishing up the Chickami for my SIL. I'd take pics of those, but it would just be a pile of shapeless knitting on needles. When I get farther along all show off those.

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I TOTALLY feel your pain. My days sound exactly like yours. When I start feeling like my only purpose in life is to be the maid/cook/nanny, I get rid of my kiddos and have an "adult" day. Like, back when I was somewhat cool.

Amy

6/07/2005 04:03:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yep - those kind of days are why I got really enthused about the Knit the Classics. I get to excercise my brain a little and talk to other people about it. :)

6/07/2005 05:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->