Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Just sitting on the deck... roasting!

Oh my goodness it's hot out here. Luckily, I like it a bit warm. I'm in the shade and DS is busy moving dirt around, a favorite three year old boy's activity. All in all we had a pretty good day today. DS has been having trouble with me leaving him at preschool. We've had about a month of me going with him, DD in a Baby Bjorn, trying to warm him up to the whole idea. I've been slowly leaving him longer and longer. Today, I left after about a half and hour. He cried, but the teacher said he got over it 30 seconds after I left. Whew! Of course, not knowing that I sat out in the car under a tree with DD sleeping in her carseat. I'm also bummed that school is almost out for the summer. I hope we don't have to go through all of that again when he starts summer school. I showed the bridal bracelets to my SIL this weekend at DS's birthday bash, and she loved them. I'm relieved. I'm also still enjoying the I Do progress. I should be done in the next week. Of course I've got to then block the thing, which looks to be painful. I also started making a Chickami from a bunk more French Vanilla Microspun that I have for my SIL's bridal shower gift. We're fairly poor here at Chez Craftylilly, so I'm making a lot of gifts for people. I'm also excited for Knit the Classics to start. On June 1st we're starting by reading Middlemarch. Everyone is knitting their own project along with the reading. I think I'm going to do the Felted French Market bag from knitty. I haven't felted anything before. SP5 is also starting pretty soon. I'll be posting my questionnaire answers by the end of the week. I can't wait to get my person!

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

It's hot here in Houston too (high 97 95% humidity). I can't even take the kiddos out in the evening it so hot.

I bet your I DO is going to be magnifique. Looking forward to seeing it.

Amy

5/24/2005 06:30:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you'r making the felted bag, why not join the knit-along? You'll get a lot of felting help and ideas from the rest of us. I'm not an experienced felter (my first felting experiment went awry), but others in the KAL are.

5/25/2005 06:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->