Sunday, October 09, 2005

Charlotte knows how to play poker

I finished up Charlotte yesterday and took her how for a spin at a Texas Hold 'em Poker Night at our friends' home. She had a good time. She helped the Mr. and I to break even, not bad for a rookie. In knitting notes, Charlotte only took about 2 1/3 balls of Ribbon Twist. I have enough left to make a skinny scarf, or a small hat. I didn't find the cables too hard to do, but it is a relatively simple pattern, using big yarn so it was easy to see what I was doing. I do feel like I can try to take on some more difficult patterns now. I think Kepler or Blackberry will be next on the Cable list. Weaving in the ends was the only sticky point in the knit. My yarn needle kept getting stuck in the ribbon part. The whole project took me three days. I love having a quick project sometimes.

6 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Love it! She is very sassy!

Amy

10/09/2005 08:17:00 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

Awesome!

10/09/2005 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Are you sure you weren't hiding extra cards in Charlotte? Seems like there's enough room for that.

It's beautiful. Great job!

10/09/2005 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

I'm not good a weaving in ribbon ends either. That's a very pretty project for such a fast knit, congratulations.

10/09/2005 03:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a styling piece! And the colour is great too!

10/10/2005 08:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! I love it too!!!!

10/11/2005 07:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->