Monday, October 24, 2005

Where was I when Lost first started?

I mean really. It is a fantastic show! We started watching it on DVD last night since Rome wasn't on, and are totally enjoying it so far. I've also been rather remiss with the DVD review reporting of late. We still have been watching the movies... many of them. Actually everything we've seen recently I'd recommend. In the past two weeks we've seen Kingdom of Heaven, Batman Begins, and the Boondock Saints (thank you Elisabeth). Kingdom of Heaven is fairly entertaining. Historically, Hollywood didn't totally screw everything up although there are some hinky elements. Orlando Bloom is ok, but I really enjoyed many of the other actor's performances like David Thewlis, Jeremy Irons, and Liam Neeson. Batman Begins... Well, first of all Christian Bale is a very good choice for Batman and the story is told quite well. Christopher Nolan, the director, has some very interesting shots, and used the backdrop of Gotham City to good advantage. It is a dark Batman, which I enjoyed. Much less campy than the ones made by Tim Burton and others. Katie Holmes is in it though, and with all the Tom Cruise nonsense, well that just took away from her performance for me. Boondock Saints was just a good movie. Fun, a but campy, quirky, and a good story. Oh, and I forgot to mention a movie we had to stop watching it was so bad, Amityville Horror (the new one). If you must, see the original. Thank you for all the positive comments and feedback about my double happiness bag. I am in the midst of typing up the pattern and will be posting it once I get it done, for those who expressed interest. I just love felting. I think I need to make a pair of slippers next. Anyone know of a good pattern? My Knitty Secret Pal sent me a fun package with a sweet Halloween Kitty, a fab book (Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques), some blocking pins, and a CHIBI!!!!!! Woohoo! I've been wanting a Chibi!!! Thanks SP. I've been knitting away at a short sleeve sweater out of GGH yarns that I hope to have done soon, and my ruffles scarf. I've set November 1st as the date I need to start my kid's Christmas Stockings, and I have a purse to make my friend for Christmas. Meanwhile I've been meaning to start Kepler, Blackberry, and some scarves for gifts. Something tells me I'm not going to get this all done...

3 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

Fiber Trends has a cute Felted Clog pattern. And then there is always the Fuzzy Feet pattern at knitty - http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter02/PATTfuzzyfeet.html

10/24/2005 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I'll have to check out Batman & Kindom of Heaven. They both sound like they are up my alley.

Your spinning looks wonderful. I especially like your color choices.

Amy

10/24/2005 10:43:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

just so you are aware....boondock saints part deux is on it's way (something to look forward to!)

great movie

(and i also watch rome and lost. try the wire on hbo as well. i'm waiting for it's 4th season to open. i am uncertain if seasons 1-3 are still on demand though)

10/29/2005 04:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->