Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Don't take the road through the San Bernadino State Park

On your way to Palm Springs... I'm back from my spa/bachelorette weekend! We had a great time. I started my journey by waking up at 4AM on Saturday to make a 6:40 flight down to good old John Wayne Airport in Orange County. You gotta love an airport with a big old statue of the Duke out front. I went to the bridal shower luncheon first, and then off to Palm Springs. We took a really funky route with lots of windy roads. We were all quite car sick. Blech. It also looks suspiciously like the highway in the movie Breakdown with Kurt Russell. Creepy. Once in Palm Springs we headed to our lodging, the very swanky Viceroy Hotel and Spa. The organizer of the event had booked us a Casita at the Hotel, which essentially is a 2 bedroom condo on the hotel grounds. The room was beautiful. The hotel is gorgeous. Imagine LA Confidential/Brat Pack like lodgings. Tres Chic. A good time was had by all. I learned a few things on the weekend. A dirty martini is one with olive juice added. Blue Cheese martini olives are a specialty item. Sometimes it rains in Palm Springs. When a pilot comes on the intercom and says that the flight will be choppy the entire trip, he means it. An hour of solitude with a good book, and knitting is divine. Palm Springs is a fun town and warrants a longer visit. For those wondering, I did get to knit a little. I worked on the Ruffles scarf using the Rowan Calmer. I understand the Rowan Calmer cult. The stuff is wonderful to work with! I've got a knitting project almost finished that I'll be posting about soon, and some other WIPs that I'll tell you about once I've caught up on life at home.

7 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

im so glad you had a great time and that you got to sneak in some quality alone time.

Ive yet succumbed to the calmer cult, but now I must check it out

10/18/2005 07:04:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Yea Calmer!

Sounds like you painted to town, or desert red. I bet it was nice to get away from the kiddos for some "adult" time.

Thank you for the birthday well-wishes.

Amy

10/18/2005 08:30:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

It's good to see you had a great time, and that you got ahead in your knitting.

10/18/2005 08:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to see you back. Yes, I agree, Calmer is yummy. Must get more....

10/18/2005 08:44:00 PM  
Blogger Iris said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time!

As for Calmer - I have yet to knit with it, but I was fondling it in a shop the other day and it does feel lovely...

10/18/2005 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

I haven't tried Calmer. I'd like to, but I don't know what I'd want to make with it.

Glad to hear that you had a good time. The place where you stayed looks beautiful!

10/19/2005 06:07:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time and you didn't end up with a lampshade on your head!!

10/19/2005 03:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->