Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I got a reject letter in the mail yesterday...

A couple of months ago I submitted the design that I came up with for my SIL's wedding bracelets to Beadwork Magazine, Interweave's beading publication. I got a very nice letter back, but ultimately it was a reject letter. Ah well, my rejection means that I am publishing it for free on this blog. Check the sidebar under my belt pattern. I know most of you that read or stumble upon my humble blog are interested in knitting content, but if you are interested in beadwork and would like to take a stab at it, my pattern is very easy and makes a nice, pretty bracelet. Plus when you get the hang of it, you can crank them out for holiday gifts like nobody's business! Along with the disappointing mail, I got some wonderful mail yesterday. My swap with Sally arrived and what loot it is! She sent me 6 balls of a yarn called Flame by Lanabel, and 5 balls of another yarn called Tempestad also by Lanabel. She threw in two balls of yarn for my kids as well: Hawaii, in peach for little girl, and Tempestad in brown and blue for the boy. The yarn is gorgeous and exotic (for me anyway as it comes from Chile which is where Sally lives).

5 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I'm so sorry that your pattern was turned down. But, their loss is our gain! Thank you for sharing.

10/12/2005 04:04:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I love your bracelet patterns. (Pfft on Interweave) I will definitely pass your link on to my beading friends.

Chilean yarn...how fun!

10/12/2005 05:02:00 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Sorry about the rejection letter. Too bad there aren't more outlets for people to publish their designs. You should start a beading equivalent to Knitty. Call it Beady :-)

10/13/2005 07:04:00 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Gorgeous bracelet! Thanks so much for sharing the instructions.
Keep smiling
Felicity 8-)

10/15/2005 05:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sorry about the rejection. You know, this is part of the creative process and you should never let it deter you from succeeding at what you love to do. My husband just finished his first novel and the rejection letters pour in. We celebrate them because each one is a recognition that he has offically entered the world of writing. It is hard to put yourself out there and you did it, so celebrate! Obviously many people see beauty in your designs so keep it up. :-)

~Abi

10/17/2005 06:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->