Thursday, October 20, 2005

Some double happiness!

I've put some finishing touches on a bag design I've been working on using Lamb's Pride. I used three colors, Medieval red, slate gray, and old sage. I think they really go well together. I knit the bottom flat and then picked up stitches and knit the bag in the round using size 11 circs. There's a pocket that I added on the back, and the Chinese symbol for Double happiness that I knitted into the front panel using intarsia, a first for me. I also added a button hole closure. Overall, I'm quite happy with it. It fits a medium knitting project quite nicely. I enjoyed charting up the double happiness symbol so much, I'm thinking of doing other symbols like love, joy, luck, etc. I have one last thing I'm going to do which is to cover a piece of cardboard with some denim to firm up the bottom, then it'll be all done.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a dream about you the other night. In it a troll with bright orange hair and orange nail polish (he liked orange) left a package on your doorstep.

Just thought I'd let you know... just in case... you know... it like .... actually happened! *hint hint*

Your SP

10/20/2005 05:01:00 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Wow, the bag is really cool! I'm super impressed that you knit the character for double happiness. Nice job!!!

10/20/2005 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

I like the double happiness, but I'm sad that it was obsecured during the felting process. Maybe you could embroider over it?

nifty cool design!

10/21/2005 08:23:00 AM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

You did a great job with that bag. Your kitty seems to approve of it too!

10/21/2005 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

That's a great design and the colors are wonderful. I really like the handle you chose for it, too. I'd like one just like it!

10/21/2005 08:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->