Tuesday, November 22, 2005

I've got some good news, some bad news, and some ridiculous news...

What do you want to hear first? I'll get the bad news out of the way first. I swatched away with the Jamieson's Chunky in the lovely Neptune shade to see if it would work with Blackberry. No joy... I just couldn't get gauge and create a fabric that I thought would look nice. By the time I got close, the knit was way to lose. I was officially bummed. Here's the good news, and it far outweighs the bad. One of the positives of having a substantial stash, is that you almost always have something in there that will fit a pattern you want to make. Luckily I had 5 skeins of Lamb's Pride Bulky in Khaki that did knit up to guage with some finagling of needle sizes. I'm halfway up the back, and have to say the yarn is working up quite nicely. Lest you think the Jamieson's will feel no love, I have the Rowan Cork Collection book, and I realized that the Jamieson's will work up to the same gauge as the Cork. Yeah!! Ok, on to the ridiculous news, I joined another KAL. I couldn't help myself, and since I got the kidlets stockings done for the Stockingalong, I had to do it. Now, if my mother is reading this (and she does, Hi MOM!) she's shaking her head. You see I've always been someone who overjoins things and then kills myself to get everthing done. She's got stories, lots of stories of me overbooking myself in order not to miss out on any excitement and then get really sick and or crazed from what I've done to myself. However, in my defencse, it's a fabulous pattern and is going to make my Sister-in-law a nice warm hat, since she and her new husband just moved to Denver. What KAL did I join? I joined the Esther Williams KAL (Synchronized Knitting). Laura, of Poor Miss Finch, designed the cutest hat, and is hosting a clever KAL for it. The KAL started yesterday and goes to December 16th. We are to be literally knitting the hat together, thus the synchronized knitting. The hat is so cute, and I've got plenty of stash yarn to make more!! Lastly, please sign my Frappr map! I've got almost 10,000 hits on this blog, there are more of you out there! Please sign, it's fun to see where everyone is from.

9 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I'm going to do the knitalong, too! Happy Knitting to you and all of your lovely yarn :)

11/22/2005 07:59:00 AM  
Blogger Alice B said...

Hi
Thanks so much for the book! I don't have a blog, but now have a profile on blogger (and it's linked!) I came over from Crochet the Classics - I don't knit a stitch. I didn't have an e mail address, so I apolgize for contacting you this way and also for thanking you in the KTC blog first.

PS Watch your mail

11/22/2005 08:55:00 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

join some KALs for me. I'm not so much of a joiner, but I'm trying :-)

11/22/2005 09:38:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Cute hat! Don't consider it over-extendign. Consider it being involoved in the knitting community. :)

Amy

11/22/2005 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

That hat is supercute! I would join the KAL, but I've got two that I've joined but haven't even worked on the projects yet!

11/22/2005 11:12:00 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Yay to you for working out the blackberry dilemma. And I laugh because I'm the same as you with overscheduling things ... I like to call it being ambitious. Thanks for the link to the kal ... I might have to make one, and then join. :)

11/22/2005 01:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the hat and thanks for the link. Thing is I don't wear woollen hats. Maybe I should still knit it and keep it when I go to cold places for holidays. I've got the right yarn in stash you see, heh, heh.

11/22/2005 08:03:00 PM  
Blogger Suzie said...

Don't feel bad about joining another KAL. Sometimes it's the only thing that gets me to finish things!!!

11/23/2005 08:22:00 AM  
Blogger littlelixie said...

Have Frappr'd myself. You've got an international fan base!

11/23/2005 09:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->