Sunday, November 20, 2005

I made my deadline... Whew!

I've been industriously working on my kidlets' Christmas Stockings these past few weeks. I wanted to get them done by Thanksgiving, so we can hang them when we decorate the house the weekend after Turkey Day. I made my deadline!! They're both done! I still need to put their names on the stockings using the duplicate stitch, but I'm allowing myself until after Christmas to do it. You know what that means... I get to start a sweater!!! Yessssss.... Today I will be swatching for Blackberry using my Jamieson's Chunky in the Neptune colorway. A sweater for Christmas? I think so! I also want to post a couple of thanks to two very sweet people! Thanks to Xanthia from the knittyboards for sending me a Hello Kitty RAK package. You can see what she sent in the picture sans the gum. We devoured the gum almost before the package was unwrapped. Also, thanks go out to Caitlyn for sending me two balls of gray knitpicks essential sock yarn. I think I will using this yarn for my contribution to the Solid Socks KAL. Now that I've completed the stockings, I'm much more brave about knitting socks for real feet. Also, if I haven't blogged about it before, I want to thank Elisabeth for sending me a lovely spun cotton. It's in a tangle, but I've got ways to make it behave... If you haven't already done so, please place your pin in my Frappr map! I'm enjoying seeing where everyone lives and knits!

4 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

The stockings look wonderful! Congrats on finishing them!

11/20/2005 02:13:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

You did it! Doesn't it feel great to finish something on time? They look wonderful, and your kids will cherish them for years to come.

Amy

11/20/2005 03:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

What pattern did you use for the stockings? I'm looking for one myself. They look great!

11/20/2005 03:20:00 PM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

That Xanthia is so generous -- did you know she, Lu, and I knit together? I wonder if she knows you know Lu? It's a small knitting world, isn't it?

11/20/2005 05:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->