Tuesday, November 08, 2005

A Knitting Meme

Siow Chin tagged me with the knitting meme. It's interesting to take a moment to consider where I am knitting wise these days. What is your all-time favourite yarn to knit with? I love Koigu. I've enjoyed working with Koigu in the three projects I've made with it. The yarn is gorgeous and feels so wonderful to knit with. I also really like Cascade 220 and Lamb's Pride. I'm new to many of the "nicer" yarns, so I'll probably come up with some new favorites as I continue to experiment. Your favourite needles? I love working with bamboo. I do like the two Addis circs that I own. I'll work with pretty much any needle though. The worst thing you've ever knit? I knit a basic garter stitch scarf with Jiffy Thick and Quick that I look at and think, "Boy I've come a long way since then. The scarf itself still looks ok, but my stitches are way more even now, and the yarn itself pills quite a bit. Your favourite knit pattern? If we're talking lace pattern, I really love Charlotte's Web. The pattern is not that difficult, but the results are beautiful. My favorite sweater pattern that I've made would have to be Lara from the first Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk book. Lara uses an interesting construction, and it fits me pretty well. Most valuable knitting technique? Hmmm... Well, I've been using a lot of short rows lately for collars, heels, sleeves, and whatnot. It's a pretty handy technique that makes for nice professional looking results. Best knit book or magazine? I've used Melville's the Purl Stitch many times, and the Vogue knitting quick reference. Those two books are very well written with clear instructions. I enjoy Interweave Knits as a magazine. I've yet to make a pattern out of one of the magazines, but I've got many earmarked for future projects. Your favourite knitalong? I'm really enjoying the Fall Cable KAL that I'm cohosting right now. It's been a lot of fun to see what cable projects others are working on. It's expanding my knitting horizons! Your favourite knitblogs I've go too many to count. I don't really feel comfortable mentioning just one. Check out my sidebar for the link to all the blogs I do read. What I like about knitblogs in general, is that I feel connected to the many other people world-wide who enjoy knitting. I get to see their work, read about their challenges, and learn a little about their lives. It's been fun to share. Your favourite knitwear designer? I don't really have one. I've knit a lot of Stephanie Japel's designs. I'm drawn to many of Jane Ellison's designs as well. Teva Durham designs some interesting things. The knit item you wear the most? I wear many of my scarves a lot. Hey, I live in CA, not known for the extensive sweater weather. I have been wearing my Bulky Mini-Cardi a lot these days. Who to tag? How about Elspeth, Jenn, and Jess

4 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

The first thing I ever knit was a garter stitch scarf in Jiffy Think n Quick. Yuck.

Amy

11/08/2005 10:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It interesting to read your meme, Jennifer. And I receive your stitch markers yesterday evening. They are fabulous! Thanks.

11/08/2005 05:52:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

I was knitting short sleeve sweaters even before I moved to California. By the way, congratulations on your Snow White and your mini choker.

11/08/2005 07:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments. The shop does sound good, but in reality I think I'd be too taken up with combining all my passions to be able to make any profit!

11/09/2005 01:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->