Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Holy Butterflies, Batman!

When asked last week what he wanted to be when he grew up, my son exclaimed, "Batman!" As you can guess, that is what he dressed up as last night for his first night trick or treating. Little girl was a butterfly. Good fun was had by all! In all the excitement of the day (I worked at the Boy's school where we had a Halloween party), I was only able to get one not so greatly lit or modeled shot of the sweater I'm dubbing Snow White. I wanted to design a little short sleeve, cropped sweater using the four balls of GGH yarns that I had in the same pretty cream color. I'm pretty happy with the results. I used almost two complete balls of GGH Savanna for the bottom ribbing, collar edge, and sleeve ribbing, and two balls of GGH Joy for the bodice area. Both yarns are fun to use although I think I enjoyed the Savanna a little more. It's a really dreamy wool, linen blend that just felt great to work with. The Joy was a bit harder on my hands, but the final fabric drapes well and is so soft! I used size 9 Denise circs for all of the knitting. The Denise's are starting to grow on me. I also decided to put more of a mini collar on it, instead of the traditional V-neck and I'm glad I did. It adds more snuggliness up against the neck. It's a sweater that I'm wearing a tight tank underneath, as it is cropped. (Hello, two kids=stretch marks from hell.) I think I'll get a lot of wear out of it this holiday season, and hey it only took 4 balls of yarn! In other knitting news, I started the kidlets' Christmas stockings one day ahead of schedule! I'm making the Rustic Lodge Christmas stockings from the Knit Christmas Stockings! book. I'm using the yarn recommended, Lopi in Fire Tweed and Spruce Tweed. The Boy's will be Green with Red Trim, and Little Girl's will be Red with Green Trim. The stockings will be my first socks so wish me luck! I joined the Stockingalong to help me get these done for Christmas decorating after Thanksgiving! Lastly, the movie report... Still watching Lost which is great, but Netflix takes a while to get the discs out to us, so we're waiting for Disc 3. Rome was on again on Sunday, Yay!! Oh, and Mr. Crafty put some movie called Samurai Fiction on our queue. It wasn't very good. Next week should be a better review because hopefully we'll be seeing the latest Star Wars...

2 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

Cute sweater & cute kiddos!!

Amy

11/01/2005 11:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is very cute and I know my daughter would love to have one as she wants to be a princess when she grows up, kids.

11/01/2005 06:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->