Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Freaking out in the House of Sick

Everyone except for Mr. Crafty is sick. I have redubbed our home, the house of sick. The best part is since the boy is in two preschools now, we get to be sick a lot this season. I had plans to get flu shots for us all today, but now I'm pushing it off a week to try to give us a chance to beat the ick. For the kids, this task should pose no problem. The boy is already back up to lightening speed although he is a bit stuffy still. Little girl is still sick, but even she shows moments of brilliance. I, well, let's just say, a burning sensation in one of my sinuses along with an incessant cough are not good signs. Now for the freaking out part. Out in the blogging world, I know that many of us are feverishly working on Christmas gifts, or are starting too. Amy, lucky and talented girl, has already finished one gift. Ok, now I'm officially freaking out. I haven't cast on a stitch for any of my gift/holiday projects, and it's almost November isn't it? I've decided to clear everything off the knitting plate, except for my short sleeved sweater I'm almost done with to make time for the Christmas list of doom. What's on that list? 1a) Book cover for a handmade journal for the handmade journal swap. (This needs to be done right away, as the journal needs to mailed off to pal by the end of November. This also means I have to finish designing and executing the innards of said journal.) 1) 2 Christmas stockings for the Craftylilly children. (My first socks!) 2) Sophie Bag for my friend. 3) 3 sets of 2 spa washcloths for various friends and family. 4) 3 scarves for various gifts. 5) Writing up the pattern for the Double Happiness Bag. Sublist of minor brimstone (Things I really should try to also get done but may not happen) 1) At least 4-5 bracelets or necklace earring sets for the etsy store. 2) The denim slipcover of the purse bottom for the Double Happiness Bag. 3) A faux fur purse I'm mocking up on the sewing machine. 4) Spinning the rest of the Mexico roving. Sub-sublist of sulfuric gases (Things I'd like to finish or be working on, but who's kidding who here) 1) Kepler (I'm so knitting behind) 2) Blackberry 3) Twist 4) Banff To distract all of you from my lists of doom, I do have some other crafting news. I joined Lu's Stashbusters. In reality, all knitting from this point through the New Year will be Stashbusting. I also noodled around with the new sewing machine and put together a drawstring bag for the Boy, spiderman themed of course. AND my mother and I registered for Stitches West! We're staying in Santa Clara for one night, I'm taking a class on Sunday morning. I registered for Sally Melville's, Learn to Love Intarsia. I'm hoping I got it. P.S. Pioggia, I need to spin the other half of the Mexico roving. I'm thinking of plying the yarn, as I've not tried that yet. We'll have to see when I can get it spun up though. Refer to list of doom. EEKS! P.P.S. I forgot to mention that we also saw Finding Neverland last week. Wonderful movie that made me cry. I highly recommend it. They way the movie captures the creative process is very ingenious!

7 Comments:

Blogger Elspeth said...

Wow, you're busy! Good luck with all the projects! I really need to get out my sewing machine(s) too!

10/26/2005 08:32:00 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

wow you have a lot of stuff to do (or at least a lot of stuff you are planning to do). I find that focusing on one thing at a time until it is complete helps. I have a laundry list of things I "need" to knit, but i avoid the stress by not writing them down.

Good luck!

10/26/2005 11:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better - good luck with your list! I haven't cast on for any Christmas gifts, either and odds are it ain't happenin' this year (but we'll see because I enjoy torturing myself) ;o)

10/26/2005 02:15:00 PM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Whoa! I thought my list was daunting. I think you have time to finish the first part of the Christmas List of Doom. Don't sweat it.

I hope you and yours get to feeling better soon.

Amy

10/26/2005 05:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get well soonest! We just had our flu shots last week. Your list look so like mine, in terms of number and etc. Time to tackle those stash, yarn and fabric.

10/26/2005 06:53:00 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Keep repeating to yourself: "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can"
Hope everyone is better soon.

10/27/2005 10:21:00 AM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Oh, I have my own list of doom. Not as large as any of your lists, but I do know the feeling. Eeek indeed!

10/27/2005 07:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->