Friday, November 04, 2005

Pictures there are not, knitting always...

We couldn't fight the power and ended up watching Revenge of the Sith a couple of nights ago. I'd have to say, I'm disappointed. I didn't think Phantom Menace or Clone Wars were any good either, though. Sure, several things are explained in this movie, and it is certainly better than the last two, but I still feel it lacked something. Good dialogue is one, I know it lacks. As far as knocking down my holiday knitting lists of doom, I'm doing pretty well. I got my handmade journal completed and mailed off to its recipient. I forgot to take a picture of it before its departure, so you'll have to trust me when I say I'm quite happy with it. I'm almost done with one spa washcloth, and have started on the Boy's stocking. I don't know if I'll be able to only knit on holiday items, as they are all scarves and spa washcloths, so I made a deal with myself. When I get the kid's stockings done, I'm going to cast on for a sweater. It'll be either Kepler, Blackberry, or Twist. We'll see. I'm a bit bummed as it's the holiday season which means gift buying, and we've run into two rather hefty bills. Two of my cats need their teeth cleaned, and our furnace needs some service and our ducts need to be sealed and cleaned. It's time to tighten the money belt once more. Ouch...

4 Comments:

Blogger rincaro said...

I was quite disappointed in that as well. Of course it was my birthday movie at the freaking theater! Oh well. Now we know how the story goes. And I'll stick to the originals from now on.

11/04/2005 02:52:00 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Great job with your gift list!

11/04/2005 04:15:00 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Oh don't remind me of holiday shopping! I've barely scratched the surface and I'm usually done by now.

11/05/2005 08:04:00 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Holiday shopping? Whoops. I just took measurements for a vest for my Dad, which he'll probably get Christmas 2007.

It's not the money that's supposed to matter, it's the thought and love that went into it. But yeah, Christmas is tough to economize on, especially with kids.

11/05/2005 05:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->