Sunday, November 06, 2005

Well, I heard back from Knitty about my Winter submission and

it was rejected. It's ok. I'm just getting started in this thing called knit and beading design. It's been a big step for me just to submit designs to Beadwork and Beadstyle magazine, and Knitty. Yes, this is my third rejection. I do have several more good ideas in the noggin that I want to work on. Also, with every rejection I get, I offer up a new pattern in my free patterns section of the blog sidebar. So, here are the details on what I submitted. The project is a knitting with beads choker pattern using Paton's Grace and size 6/0 glass seed beads with a shank button centerpiece. I call her, Pickford. It's a fairly simple pattern to do if you are familiar with knitting with beads and makes a quick fun gift for the holidays. I will have it ready for all of you on my sidebar by tomorrow morning, so if you don't see it, check back. In happier news, Danielle of No-No Kitty yarn fame received my handmade journal (she was my buddy for the swap). She likes the journal and put up a pic of it on her blog. Go check it out! This is a very fun swap to be involved in. The next round will start in February for those interested.

6 Comments:

Blogger Elspeth said...

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get accepted. It seems like tons of people are submitting designs, and in the case of Samus/Kepler, I think her choices are not always the best. That being said, congratulations in trying again and I love your choker!

11/06/2005 06:39:00 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

adorable choker! I'm sorry that your pattern was rejected. Don't give up designing and submitting your patterns. One day something will get picked up. (Personally, I think there's a bit of favoritism going on at Knitty, but I'm not a Knitty-basher so I just keep my mouth shut. Usually.) Try submitting something to Magknits.

11/07/2005 06:16:00 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Bummer! Mine got rejected as well, so I sent it off to Mag Knits to make myself feel better. I think submitting is like selling a novel or a house - just gotta get it in front of the right person at the right time. Hang in there, and know that you're not alone! I think your design is very cute, by the way...

11/07/2005 07:54:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry the pattern wasn't accepted - I do think it is beautiful!

11/07/2005 09:11:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

Aw sucks! I think it is darling. Don't give up on designing. I want to be able to enjoy the fabulous fruits of your labor!

Amy

11/07/2005 06:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI - Your journal pal is working on getting your journal to you - you have not been forgotten :)

11/12/2005 08:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->