Friday, November 25, 2005

Recovering from the Turkey Coma

Thanksgiving was a success, which is a relief. It was my first year making the turkey, and it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. We made all the other dishes as well. My refrigerator is stuffed with leftovers that will last a few days. Ah, Thanksgiving leftovers; it's enough to give thanks for that alone. Much knitting is being accomplished during this long weekend as well. I've gotten pretty far into knitting the Esther Williams hat. I'm using the acrylic/wool blend Plymouth Encore as my SIL is sensitive to wool. The yarn is a pretty yellow cream color. I'm thinking I'm going to need to make one of these hats for myself as it is turning out so cute. I also finished up a scarf and a couple sets of spa washcloths. Blackberry in the Lamb's Pride Bulky is moving right along as well. I finished the back and the fronts. I'm thinking of getting a big chunky button to fasten the front. We'll see what I can come up with at my LYS. You might have noticed that I haven't been reviewing movies on DVD lately. I haven't mostly because we haven't seen anything of note. We've also been watching TV series on DVD. Lost Season 1 is excellent, and The Wire is pretty good too. Movies we've seen include The Skeleton Key (not so good), Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (just creepy), War of the Worlds (again, not so good), The Devil's Rejects (gross, and bad dialogue). So you see, I've really nothing of note to report. Tonight we're watching Cronicas, so I'll let you know about that one if it's worth talking about. You can bet I've knit through all of these movies, and will be knitting through the one tonight. I think there may be subtitles, but that's not stopped me before. I understand some Spanish, so I think I can fill in what I miss by listening. Hope Thanksgiving was bountiful and joyous for all of you!

3 Comments:

Blogger amylovie said...

I'm glad to hear your Thanksgiving went without a hitch. Gotta love not cooking for several days!

Amy

11/25/2005 07:20:00 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

The hat looks neat! Glad that Thanksgiving went well for you.

11/25/2005 07:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

All those projects and no pictures? You temptress! ;-)

~Abi

11/27/2005 07:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->