Friday, December 02, 2005

Picture card worthy

It's that time of year where I break out the Christmas card list, a pen, several boxes of Christmas cards, a few sheets of stamps, and a heating pad for my aching writing hand. I haven't as yet fallen prey to the Christmas Letter syndrome that many of my family and friends have fallen prey to. I'm just not all that motivated to tell everyone about the past year. Most of them know about all of it anyway. No, I've gone the other route, the take a pic of the kids and make photo card and have your Christmas greeting preprinted route. If only Ofoto addressed the envelopes as well... I do have a teensy little problem though. We only bought 20 of these nifty picture cards, and I have a huge family, with the addition of Mr. Craftylilly's family which is not as huge, but still a sizeable addition to the Christmas card writing and sending assembly line. Well, let's just hope the family don't discuss amongst themselves what card they got from us this year. Against all my desires, I decided to start on the second sleeve of Blackberry. I had a firm talking-to with myself and reminded myself that I want this sweater done by Christmas, and that I needed to knit the sleeves as close together as possible to ensure that they will be the same length and width. Now that I'm fully into the cable portion, I'm back to enjoying myself. My solid socks for the solid socks KAL are still in the infancy stages. I've cast on, I've got about 11 rows of 1x1 ribbing done, and that's about it. After the Blackbery sleeve is done, I'm fully concentrating on them. I've also started the prayer shawl, but as I feel I should be in a good frame of mind, and not watching hilarious yet totally irreverent movies like Bad Santa (funny, funny, FUNNY), it hasn't gotten too far. I'll have more pics of WIPs this weekend, but for now, look at the lovely Asian themed journal that SharonP from the knittyboards made for me for the handmade journal swap! She also sent me a set of red knitting needles kept nicely warm in a beautiful red silk brocade knitting needle holder. Thanks Sharon! On her blog she also provides a handy knitting project tracker sheet that you can print off and use in your knitting journal.

4 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Hey there Jennifer ... nice! And I think your EW hat turned out great ... (must make one!) ... and kudos on blackberry ... still can't wait to see it! :)

12/02/2005 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Elspeth said...

Good luck on Blackberry! I'm behind you if that makes you feel any better!

12/02/2005 10:41:00 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

why oh why is there a stupid Christmas/Holiday card tradition?? I hate sending them out, but always do. It's a pain.



I'd better get started.

12/02/2005 11:19:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

I hate doing the card thing too. I'm going to Ofoto rougte as well. If they want a letter to keep up to date with our happenings, I'll just give them my blog address (wink).

Amy

12/03/2005 10:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->