Tuesday, December 13, 2005

One Lonely Little Sock

Finished up the first solid sock last night while watching last week's Project Runway that we had burned on disc. I really like how it looks! The small needles are worth it. According to the pattern, the heel is a "traditional French heel." Does anyone know what that means and what makes that different from a regular heel? The essential yarn is pretty easy to work with, however, I've never knit a sock before, so this is my first sock yarn. From my blog reading there's some pretty divine stuff out there. I sort of want to take one day break before starting on the other one, but since there's a time constraint to the KAL, I think I'm going to have to at least cast on and get a few rows of 1x1 ribbing done today. The first sock took me a bit of time to get through. I hope the second goes more quickly. I've also joined two other knitting groups. I joined up for the Felted SP 2 round which starts in February. I've enjoyed my two other experiences with SP programs, and am looking forward to this one as well. If you'd like to join, click on the button in my sidebar. More are always welcome! I've also joined up in a mitten swap organzed through the knittyboard. I've not got a lot of info on this one, but this will my first swap involving knitting for someone else, so I'm excited. Please check out my Bargain Bin page for the destashing madness if you haven't already!

8 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Your sock looks wonderful! Great pattern. I love the fabric that small needles produce. And your Bargain Bin looks VERY tempting...I'm trying to resist, but I have a feeling I'll be back again soon! ;-)

12/13/2005 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Don't wait too long on that sock. Unless, of course, you're nothing like me. I still have not finished the 2nd sock (halfway done though) and it's something like 4 years now.

Your sock looks good! I like that pattern. French heel? Now I have to look up the diff.

I am TRYING not to check out your bin - my stash is taking over my house as it is.

12/13/2005 03:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great sock! Here is a link to a page showing lots of different heels.

http://www.knittinggeek.com/howto/chooseheels.htm

12/13/2005 07:59:00 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

Great first sock! It fits you well. Are you now bitten by the sock-knitting bug? I'm still apathetic about socks.

I hope you finish your second sock soon. Monkee has been working on the second scok of a pair since...March?

12/14/2005 06:37:00 AM  
Blogger amylovie said...

For a sock newbie, you did an amazing job!!

Amy

12/14/2005 09:30:00 AM  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

ohh yay! I am going to cast on as soon as i finish the second trekkign sock, just like 3 inches to go yet!

12/14/2005 09:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful sock! I know there's a difference between the two kinds of heels but I can't remember it, sorry I can't be of more help!

I see you figured out how to insert photos into your posts ;o)

12/14/2005 06:48:00 PM  
Blogger Pioggia said...

Cute sock! I had never heard of a french heel before. I only know of two heels: short row heel and heel flap with pick up stitches.

12/14/2005 08:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->